Crossing Sarracenia questions

Chimaera

Last year I had an experiment at cross pollenating Sarracenia (leucophylla-based hybrid x purourea and leucophylla-based hybrid x complex hybrid) as an experiment and although the latter cross only gave me a tiny number of seeds, I have a 90% germination rate of both crosses so am feeling pretty pleased. 

There are buds forming on a variety of forms and I would like to have a proper go at crossing but have a few questions to help choosing what to do:

I assume anthocyanin absence is a double recessive gene and so there is no point crossing an AF plant with one that is not AF if I want any AF offspring. Is this correct?

There are a number of rubra group /alata X purpurea group hybrids for sale that are larger and fatter than either parent. Is this normal for a cross of this type, or are these large forms exceptional and unusual?

If I crossed 2 different colour forms of S. flava (e.g. ornata x rubricopora) would the offspring be one colour form or the other (i.e. colour genetics simple) or would they be intermediate?

I have read that self pollination does not work very well and gives a low viability. Is this true?

Thanks

On the antho free question.

it depends on the  so called normal parent,if this plant is AF recessive you could get AF plants by crossing it with a totally AF plant.

I have a fair few AF recessive plants i have bred myself to cross and back cross with AF plants to get better clones.

ada

"If I crossed 2 different colour forms of S. flava (e.g. ornata x rubricopora) would the offspring be one colour form or the other (i.e. colour genetics simple) or would they be intermediate?"

Theoretically a quarter would lean more towards parent A, a quarter would lean towards parent B and half would be a mix, including some grandparent genes or even older.

Thanks.

At the moment I am not organised enough to be thinking far enough ahead for F2 crosses, I think I will stick to ancho x ancho for now (assuming flowering coincides).

Interesting about flava colouration. I guess the best thing is to try it an see what happens.