My boyfriend is keeping this near a window that he keeps open during the night. We live in New England where it's getting cold. I'm worried it's getting too cold during the night and it's dying, he thinks it's going into dormancy and it's fine. Anyone know? Please solve our debate! (Awful picture I know, but the leaves look dry and are a light brown) Thank you!

IMG_20181018_111657_hdr.jpg

Mine stays in the unheated part of the greenhouse all year round.

I fear that it's giving up the ghost, especially considering it's so small still. Stylidium grow in parts of Australia where it's fairly warm and doesn't really get cold. I've read that, by and large, they can survive temperatures down to -10C (not sure what that would be in F), but you should understand 'survive' the way you would in "humans can survive for two weeks without food": you/it probably won't die, but you/it will be in terrible shape, and this is only taking into account fully mature and healthy humans/plants. Stylidium debile (and many other Stylidium) luckily grows like a weed, so if this one doesn't make it, you can get a new one (from a cutting, or even from seed) and try again.