VFT Seedling Growth Data Reports (WITH CHARTS!)

Took it upon myself to carefully track detailed information on how Venus Fly Traps grow from seed as seedlings since it seemed like many do not grow from seed and little about their growth at those stages is documented (believe me, I spent hours trying to find info on this).  The parameters are based on watering amount (I've made up my own metrics for this based on the amount and different methods of watering per week), # of traps (.5 meaning a trap is either dying off or ailing), height, and width.  This may not be typical for all, but you can find individual plant data as well as their corresponding charts for growth attached.  As you can see, some have had a hard time this winter, though a few are showing signs of shaping up while some may simply not bounce back (which I've heard could occur... however you can see my growing conditions and more details on that in my other post here if you have any advice: https://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/61263-vft-mystery/&tab=comments#comment-403981).  I didn't begin tracking until they were 4 months old; but I have more seeds on the way, and I will be sure to do the same for those from the start.  If you have Excel, please don't hesitate to use the spreadsheets, as well, to input your own data and parameters. The pdf's are for those who don't but wish to view and do a side-by-side comparison if you so wish.  Feel free to let me know of any thoughts or feedback - and enjoy!

VFT #1 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #1 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #1 Growth.xlsx

VFT #2 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #2 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #2 Growth.xlsx

VFT #3 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #3 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #3 Growth.xlsx

VFT #4 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #4 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #4 Growth.xlsx

VFT #5 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #5 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #5 Growth.xlsx

VFT #6 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #6 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #6 Growth.xlsx

VFT #7 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #7 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #7 Growth.xlsx

VFT #8 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #8 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #8 Growth.xlsx

VFT #9 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #9 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #9 Growth.xlsx

VFT #10 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #10 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #10 Growth.xlsx

VFT #11 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #11 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #11 Growth.xlsx

VFT #12 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #12 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #12 Growth.xlsx

VFT #13 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #13 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #13 Growth.xlsx

VFT #14 Growth Chart.pdf

VFT #14 Growth Data.pdf

VFT #14 Growth.xlsx

5 hours ago, Blocky71 said:

Hi Rhys

unfortunately I can't open any of the attachments?, I've added a picture of the error I get , this is on my iPad?

cheers blocky71 

IMG_2794.PNG

When i click on one it seems to automatically download...  perhaps that's the problem, security settings?  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  If so, how should I share these or what file types are supported?

I'm not sure what the issue is Rhys, maybe it's worth asking admin ? 

I grew some some vft's from seed early 2017, there was far less monitoring though on my part !. 

For the most part they're still doing ok but are still very small and beginning to get overgrown by moss. 

They seem to grow for me 'naturally' at about the same rate as cephalotus from seed . It's painfully slow for the first couple of years. .

I know people have managed to double the growth rate by skipping dormancy in the first couple of years and growing under artificial lights etc.

https://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/58837-a-winter-window-ledge-trial/&tab=comments#comment-391182

• Like 1

So, I have published a page on my personal site with the graphs (could not upload the data files unfortunately) along with some photos on the bottom of a few of the traps as they are recently.  You can either view the images attached for just the charts or go to https://sites.google.com/view/jessica-teeters/vfts .  I hope this helps!

VFT #1 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #2 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #3 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #4 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #5 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #6 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #7 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #8 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #9 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #10 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #11 Growth Chart.jpg

VFT #12 Growth Chart.jpg