• 1 month later...

DATE :- Saturday 25th May 2019 

TIME:-  12pm - 5pm

PLACE:- East Horsley Village Hall

Kingston Avenue

East Horsley

Leatherhead

KT24 6QT

It has been held here many times in the past and has proved to be a popular venue. Car parking facilities or a short walk from the train station if members don't drive or have access to a vehicle enables many members to attend.

Edited by Dianne Salter
Spelling mistake

9 hours ago, Dianne Salter said:

It has been held here many times in the past and has proved to be a popular venue. Car parking facilities or a short walk from the train station if members don't drive or have access to a vehicle enables many members to attend.

Ok for those in the south, and convenient for the committee I’m sure. 

I don't know what you're moaning about Stephen, you never go anyway.

We try holding these events up north and nobody turns up. The EEE was held at Chester a few years ago and nobody went.

On a side note, it's a pity you can't make it as it will probably be quite lively.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, David Ahrens said:

I don't know what you're moaning about Stephen, you never go anyway.

We try holding these events up north and nobody turns up. The EEE was held at Chester a few years ago and nobody went.

On a side note, it's a pity you can't make it as it will probably be quite lively.

Ha ha you’re not wrong David! I think I went to one at Reading once....

2 hours ago, gardenofeden said:

Ok for those in the south, and convenient for the committee I’m sure. 

When I organised an EOS for Birmingham... 1 member attended. When its booked for the South, we get around 50+ members.

• Like 2

Hi

In recent years we have moved the End of Season Meeting from RHS Wisley to Birmingham.  Initially attendancce was very poor but we now get around 30.

The fact that the majority of members live in the South of England means that it is sensible to hold the AGM there rather than (say) the North of England where we have few members.

Of the committee, 2 live in SW England, 4 in SE England, 1 in Manchester,  1 in Derbyshire, 3 in Wales and 1 in Ireland. 

For me to attend the AGM entails a 400 mile round trip.  I haven't missed an AGM for 30 years.

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1