Good Night,

One question, i have seen some amazing setups for terrarium which works with a waterchiller.

I want to a less tech terrarium system, my problem is that i have 3 terrarium 60x45x45 and i have only a water chiller haliea150a able to cool water to 6ºC (30L max).

My question is that people use for cooling the water to the tank and the radiator but i wanted to know if  i can get 14-16ºC at night cooling my isolated terrariums only with radiators (the water conected to them would come from an isolated box with 10-20L is enough at 6ºC). The reason is that if i want to cool directly the water and the radiator i would have to cool 100-140L of water and i dont think i could set that amount of water to  that lower temperature 6-10ºC

im attaching a schema image and a sample video 

My setup:

other similar setups:

This would be my setup!

highland-setup.jpg

Thanks to all and a happy new year!

Hi.

I use chiller using one sump pump and a 3 fan radiator.

My sump itself is very small, but the radiator is very deep, so that helps within the tank. 

I can get my tank down to 12c in a few hours. 

My Terrarium is also open topped to so you shouldn't have a problem reaching the temp you require. 

_20190108_180317.JPG

3 hours ago, mark funnell said:

Hi.

My sump itself is very small, but the radiator is very deep, so that helps within the tank. 

My Terrarium is also open topped to so you shouldn't have a problem reaching the temp you require. 

_20190108_180317.JPG

Thanks for your answer,

you only cool with this radiator with fans? or you have cool water on the bottom of the terrarrium?

Thanks!

I have a water chilled terrarium and it can easily get down to 14 Celsius.

What I have done it put a few stands in the water and put a plate on top of them where the plants will sit.

The picture is old but so far I have managed to grow villosa and lots of stuff only murudensis failed in there.

Only problem is it has a lot of condensation and you need lots of insulation.

1A1379FF-1C3B-4A49-B80B-042BC4C229B3.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Nepenthesman said:

I have a water chilled terrarium and it can easily get down to 14 Celsius.

What I have done it put a few stands in the water and put a plate on top of them where the plants will sit.

The picture is old but so far I have managed to grow villosa and lots of stuff only murudensis failed in there.

Only problem is it has a lot of condensation and you need lots of insulation.

1A1379FF-1C3B-4A49-B80B-042BC4C229B3.jpeg

Your method is usefull because you have an small (or only one terrarium) for dat reason you are able to cool which amount of water (60cmx45cmx10cm = 27 L) and you cool the water, the water cools the, the glass the air....like a fridge.
About my setup i would have to cool to 3x27L= 81L of water, and i dont know if my waterchiller would be able to cool dat amount to low temperatures, for that reason i wanna try to cool the air with the water cooling system with a radiator like a pc system.

Thanks for your answer and for showing your setup :)

I use a brand called hygrotherm. Control's day and night temps. 

Ive had it replaced about 3 times due to the internal switching getting stuck on, so basically my fogger control on the unit gets stuck on and keeps flooding the tank till i tap the switching unit to free it.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, mark funnell said:

Hi.

_20190108_180317.JPG

Good night Mark,
could you send me some photos of your setup?
have you an isolated box with water or directly to the waterchiller?
Thanks!