Sign in to follow this  
Blocky71

Idiot!

So after 6 weeks or thereabouts we finally got some much needed rain down here in the SE, when I got home from work and after some heavy downpours I went to check the barrels that had been dry for a month. 

There was only about 10cm in the bottom of each barrel?,  I was expecting them to be half to three quarters full?. 

After checking all pipes, guttering and divertors for blockages I finally realised I'd left both taps open after cleaning them!.

What a pleb I am...... 

I see you're also in Kent! I could hardly contain my joy when the rain came... I was out and about with the other half at the time going off on one about my butt :jive: 

That said, I'm sorry for your disappointingly empty butt.

Got the t-shirt for doing this in the past too. Also leaving the small pump on in my outside butt that I use for transferring water into the greenhouse. Result, empty butt and burnt out pump.....

Edited by Dunc

Oops Dunc, ( when I typed Dunc it autocorrected to Dunce :rolleyes: ) 

I'm relieved I'm not the only wazzock on here ! . 

@TeaCake Thank you for your commiserations!, I did manage to collect up a fair amount since but looking like us Kenties are in for another dry spell.

Where abouts in Kent are you TC ?, there's a couple of us about, my nearest hobbyist is Gravesend.

cheers chris

Ahhhh, I know Orpington a bit and I used to work at cokes just down the road in foots cray... I'm guessing it's the same fella in gravesend,  I've collected some plants from him a couple of years back.

He used to always have listing on eBay but can't say I've seen him lately.

I'm down in chavvy Chatham :blink:

There's a fellow in Bromley if I remember correctly,  loaksey I think was/is his username.  Not seen him about either lately....

Coke is just round the corner from me. I’m in St Paul’s Cray. Small world! I keep meaning to message the chap in Gravesend about going to see what he’s got available. The stuff he has on his FB listings looks really nice!

Loakesy still pops by from time to time, though not as much as he used to... :roll:

Yes, I'm in Bromley, and know SPC fairly well.