Brown Patches on Pitcher Problem

roberto morgado

Good morning,

in Madrid basically we are entering in summer and my sarracenias and dionaeas are getting some problems, i don't know if its a pest or sun burn or a fungus i hope you can help we.

The plants are in pure sphagnum moss, 10-12 full.

Some photos.

I hope someone knows whats happesing the the answer!!

Thanks!

IMG_9054.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9055.JPG

IMG_9069.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9084.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG

IMG_9092.JPG

IMG_9094.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

IMG_9083.JPG

IMG_9098.JPG

IMG_9100.JPG

IMG_9101.JPG

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9109.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9111.JPG

IMG_9112.JPG

Looks like a bit of heat damage to me? After the last few weeks of a UK summer some of my CPs not looking their best either (plus less than ideal watering as I was away for 4 weeks). As normal programmes resume the plants normally pick up.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:15 AM, Dunc said:

Looks like a bit of heat damage to me? After the last few weeks of a UK summer some of my CPs not looking their best either (plus less than ideal watering as I was away for 4 weeks). As normal programmes resume the plants normally pick up.

How can I solve this? I thought(some years ago) sarracenias with water and full sun would be great, but this year they are suffering too much.

i don’t know if it’s a pest or this year heat...

On 7/31/2018 at 1:24 PM, Deltatango301 said:

I think you need to change the medium you have your plants in to

50/50 dead sphagnum and perlite try that don't look like pests

But now i have 36ºC its not good to repot now, dont you?

Now its getting worse...

The young pitchers are getting dark too... have i to cut the pitchers?

Thanks!

IMG_9118.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

IMG_9124.JPG

IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

IMG_9122.JPG

IMG_9119.JPG

IMG_9126.JPG

IMG_9123.JPG

Hello

It looks to be sun burn too much direct sunlight to me.  Have you try'd a diffusing sheet?  would cut the amount of light they are able to get and allow you to put a fan at one end on the realy bad days and even putting the tray raised up a little to allow air flow below stopping the stone floor heating it from below.

I wouldn't worry about it my young divisions are doing the same in the north west UK they keep growing back as long as you see a new pitcher the plant is happy 

pic was taken 5 mins befor posting of my young divisions well neglected 

P1000644.JPG

1 minute ago, cantseethis said:

Hello

It looks to be sun burn too much direct sunlight to me.  Have you try'd a diffusing sheet?  would cut the amount of light they are able to get and allow you to put a fan at one end on the realy bad days and even putting the tray raised up a little to allow air flow below stopping the stone floor heating it from below.

I wouldn't worry about it my young divisions are doing the same in the north west UK they keep growing back as long as you see a new pitcher the plant is happy 

pic was taken 5 mins befor posting of my young divisions well neglected 

P1000644.JPG

But I’m really worried about that black patches, it’s not the normal dry brown patches...

=( i was looking at them myself on my desktop posting from laptop  it looks to be a mold/fungus sooty mold would be closest i am not sure if bakeing soda water + oil will work but it dose for black spot on roses

Edited by cantseethis
stupid pic

49 minutes ago, cantseethis said:

=( i was looking at them myself on my desktop posting from laptop  it looks to be a mold/fungus sooty mold would be closest i am not sure if bakeing soda water + oil will work but it dose for black spot on roses

The problem it isnt fungus sooty mold, i have tried before to remove manually with soap and it doesnt work, if it some fungus i need to know what is it... 

i have searching for all sarracenias fungus and i havent seen this before, maybe a virus¿?

Thnaks!