Sign in to follow this  
Blocky71

Mobile Dionaea bench

DSC_1696.thumb.JPG.70607621c76eb28227e43e2e02dd33c3.JPGDSC_1699.thumb.JPG.fa6854ff163dc17381c0da3588af4c86.JPGDSC_1701.thumb.JPG.f9e2ee590d5afba61cba3139c697eca4.JPGDSC_1692.thumb.JPG.2f6af2cf0fcc931e763ae0833980e0a0.JPGDSC_1695.thumb.JPG.cbea82e299f62914fba0abf4c35dc8b5.JPG

ok so not strictly " growing under glass" but they are under perspex some of the time!. 

Last season was dismal for my vft's, a mix of poor soil choice (Westlands), constant battering by heavy downpours and only a few hours sunlight as they fell in the shade early afternoon ( small garden and an unsympathetic wife!).

This was the best I could get away with, a mobile bench that I can wheel back into the sun for an extra 4/5 hrs,  replanted in better medium using deeper pots and a pull down perspex cover for bad weather.  I know black wasn't the best choice colourwise but it looked odd against the current furniture...  

plants are currently sitting in trays but I'm wasting valuable space so gonna get a liner instead. 

Good idea and looks well built. A portable greenhouse

Just to mention with regard to Westland, their cactus compost is also of poor quality. More junk mix now (very politely put) but years ago cactus compost used to be a soil based compost with lots of added grit and of a good quality. Now it's more recycled peat with added rubbish thrown in. Will never buy any Westland products ever again.

Hope you didn't lose too many plants due to westlands lies of being a peat compost.

Cheers for the reply pirks,  I'm gonna have to fit some bigger wheels as my patio has a " rustic" finish and the bench keeps grounding out when I move it. It's gonna be heavier too if I put a liner in it once full of water.

I have lost a lot of clones, typically they were my favourites. Whilst I can't hold the media 100% responsible I'm convinced it played a big part...