Uk drought

Dolly

So for whoever lives in the uk atm knows it haven’t rained for about a month and a half? I’ve used all the water I’ve saved for my Venus trap and now she’s drying out :(.. is there anywhere I could buy rain water I know it sounds silly but my plant really needs it . Tia 

You should be able to find 'demineralised water' in your local supermarket, it's cheap so you can buy a couple of them as emergency reserves. It's just like rain water in that it doesn't contain any minerals that would hurt the plant's roots.

Keep in mind that if it's just for a couple of days, you don't have any rain water or demineralised water left and the shops are closed, there's no harm in using regular tap water for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, Crowthorne said:

I've been buying deionised water from Tesco, it's in the car maintenance section. My CPs and Orchids are looking fine on it. Good luck :)

When I last looked at the end of june they had taken it off the website, ive brought 5 of them and tested at 1ppm

Try ebay, theres 25l for £14-15 or 50 for a little bit of a saving, including taxes, or https://deionisedwatergb.co.uk/deionised-water-25-litres.html is slightly cheaper but with vat and delivery it comes to about the same price, plus you get to keep the plastic jerry can at the end to store more water

You should be able to get bottles of deionised water from places like Halfords quite easily. Depending on how much water you need you can get reverse osmosis water from an aquarium shop. I am getting 25 litres for £3.00 but you will need your own containers. If you go down this route just make sure it is pure RO water and that it hasn't had minerals added.

Dave

21 hours ago, 3Star said:

You should be able to get bottles of deionised water from places like Halfords quite easily. Depending on how much water you need you can get reverse osmosis water from an aquarium shop. I am getting 25 litres for £3.00 but you will need your own containers. If you go down this route just make sure it is pure RO water and that it hasn't had minerals added.

Dave

Halfords 5l is £3.50 vs tesco 2.5l £1, quite a difference, thats why I didnt do a halfords water shopping spree. Could imagine the supermarket sweep version "hes gone straight to the deionised water"

Should always carry around your handy tds meter!