ASDA plant

linuxman

Saw this on sale in ASDA and couldn't resist rescuing it. After all a member of the general public is likely to kill it, especially with the instructions on the packaging.

large.asda1_29.JPG.e1e87cc4ad78203a8e96e

Removed from packaging and given a good flush through with RO water and put in semi-shade until it's acclimatised. Should make a good plant by next year.

large.asda2_29.JPG.b2edb0a9ed3afcdcb1d15

Nice looking purp and with tender care, it'll only get better.

I've seen those pots in my Asda as well, nothing much to interest me yet but good to see CPs still turning up in mainstream shops.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:04 PM, Stu said:

good to see CPs still turning up in mainstream shops.

Depends if they can be cared for properly at a supermarket. I find it very strange ASDA is selling sarracenia, it wouldnt be my first choice where to purchase one. Hope they give proper care instructions.

How much was it? ive got purpurea hybrids but nothing this bushy

On 7/5/2018 at 7:02 AM, Netjer said:

I've just spotted these in my local Asda (as well as some surprisingly big VFTs). I believe they were £7 each.

Yes, that was it. They are selling vfts and even Drosera capensis at the same price.Not worth buying the capensis as like most people it's a weed in my collection. I wouldn't normally buy CPs from ASDA, but the S. purpurea looked quite good and would probably only get killed by anyone else so I rescued it. However, the care instructions aren't worth the paper they're printed on.