Ramblings in the neighbourhood II

Another one of the sites I visited on my wanderings this year. This site is about 3 kms north east of my place (as the crow flies) and is part of the catchment (upstream) of the creek on my place.

The main interest here is Utricularia kimberleyensis as it's the only place I've found it locally. In a lot of surface flow of water over fine sand but also a lot of exposed lateritic rock. Slope was very slight but water depth was a good 50mm with good movement. Towards the end of the wet season as the surface water disappeared so too did the U. kimberleyensis.

ala-nr-18033136.jpg

ala-nr-18033140.jpg

In much the same environment is utricularia limosa, although in water a bit shallower. Never saw it in the absence of surface water.

cp-nr-18033105.jpg

A lot of Utricularia leptoplectra, again mostly standing in the stream of water but some just out of it. An insect (probably) had eaten through the stalk of some flowers hence the photo of the reverse (yellow) side.

cp-nr-18033119.jpg

cp-nr-18040518.jpg

As everywhere, there's Utricularia nivea.

cp-nr-18040505.jpg

Utricularia chrysantha is a late starter coming up in drier spots or where water levels have dropped. Colours are closer to those at my place rather than the pure yellow which seems most common elsewhere.

cp-nr-18033126.jpg

cp-nr-18040507.jpg

Not many Drosera, most of those D. fulva.

cp-nr-18033145.jpg

Drosera dilitatopetiolaris
cp-nr-18033125.jpg

And only one Drosera aquatica. I suspect there's too much surface water flow.

cp-nr-18040501.jpg

• Like 3