Bluedog0628

Growing CPs in North-facing garden

Hello!

I'm in a middle of a little crisis... I was recently given notice to leave by my landlord.

I've been looking for new properties but the choice is limited. At the moment I have a eye on one suitable house but it's a terraced house (no front garden) and the back garden is quite small and North-facing... Is it possible to grow plants in those conditions? I have mostly temperate plants (VFT, Sarracenia, Darlingtonia, D. binata) that live outside all year round (plus some D. capensis that spend summer outside but winter indoors, plus two Nepenthes kept indoors all year round). Some of them could go on the South-facing windowsills indoors over summer but there is not enough room for all of them. I don't have any grow lights (never used them either so don't know how to use them correctly).

I've spent the past 2 years expanding my collections so obviously want to keep all of my plants. 

Is anyone growing CP in less than ideal conditions and how do you make it work?

I'll keep looking for a more CP-friendly house but time is running out and I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks for all replies!

I have a feeling the only ones that will be fine for light in a north-facing garden will be Pinguicula.  Everything else won't get the sun they need.  Sorry to hear of your dilemma.  I was in a similar situation myself about 10 years ago.  In the end, the right place came up last minute.