Hello from Tennessee

whagen1

Hi everyone, I am Griff! I'm new to growing Carnivorous Plants, and I am interested in growing Nepenthes. I just got my first CP on Wednesday, a Nepenthes x. 'Ventrata', at my local greenhouse. Can't wait to learn more about growing this wonderful plant. Can't wait to hear from you guys.

Edited by whagen1

Hi my first nep was a ventrata, took a little time for me and it To get on but now it's growing like a good one , about 5ft now growing a new leaf about every three weeks , mine loves a lot of rain water and good light , i have 10 neps now .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paul.m said:

Hi my first nep was a ventrata, took a little time for me and it To get on but now it's growing like a good one , about 5ft now growing a new leaf about every three weeks , mine loves a lot of rain water and good light , i have 10 neps now .

So far, it is doing pretty well. What conditions does it like. In the early spring here (especially tonight), it can can get to 8 to 9 degrees Celsius on some nights. So far, putting my Ventrata outside in the few days I have had him outside, he seems to have gotten a little bit bigger. I am going to acclimate him to the warmer night temperatures tomorrow, and just let him adjust on his own. My room does not get the adequate lighting on the south side because I live right by my houses 2nd story balcony, which blocks alot of sunlight. Anyways, cheers. :)

47 minutes ago, linuxman said:

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are many nep experts here who will be able to help you - unfortunately I'm not one of them :(

Oh, it is most certainly fine. :)  Sorry if my response is a little late, Ubuntu is on the fritz XD.