All my plants are on seaweed emulsion called  Seagro (our version of MaxSea)

Mixed 1ml to 500ml RO water, with a pinch of freezedried bloodworms.

I apply it using a syringe and 18G needle, so it covers only the tentacles, and doesn't go into the soil.

This feeding boosts seedling growth rate, and adult health and  new divisions.

Also works great filling up pitchers of Neps and Sarras, even VFT's grow well on it.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, JuanP said:

All my plants are on seaweed emulsion called  Seagro (our version of MaxSea)

Mixed 1ml to 500ml RO water, with a pinch of freezedried bloodworms.

I apply it using a syringe and 18G needle, so it covers only the tentacles, and doesn't go into the soil.

This feeding boosts seedling growth rate, and adult health and  new divisions.

Also works great filling up pitchers of Neps and Sarras, even VFT's grow well on it.

Just what I was looking for JuanP, thanks for the post mate. I've fed them this morning with some betta fish pellets made into a paste with a little RO water.

But I would like to vary there diet if possible, so your post has helped out tremendously thanks.

What I've read about using Betta pellets or the like, is the chance of mould forming rather quickly if you over-do it.

So far the liquid solution seems to not have this problem, even if I wet the entire leaf, it's dry by the next day, with the dew glistening off the tentacles again.

It also seems, the plant does not need dew present, for it to be able to draw nutrients out of the solution. I fed a capensis that I moved to my new place, straight after getting here. And by the next day it was covered in dew again, not a sign of travel shock, or adjusting to a new climate which had much less humidity than it's previous home.