Has anyone experience of solar powered fans? 

I was thinking it would be useful in the winter when it's windy outdide and the greenhouse needs closing up. Thereby keeping the air moving and helping to prevent mould. I know theres not much sun but its better tha  nothing. Also in the summer when it's hot helping to level out temperatures.

I was looking at a 12v fan with a 20w panel.

My greenhouse is 6x8ft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

How you getting on with the fan Robert? I got a good deal on two 7" fans from China (3 week wait). One I run from USB on a car jump starter, the other waiting for a solar panel with MPPT controller ,again from China, including 7" fan for £21 free post.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little add to this thread. The small 10w panel was not beefy enough to power the fan and trickle the battery (12v). I invested in a new 100w panel and deep cycle battery for my camper van trips. This is more than enough to keep both fans going and power two bottle top misters 24/7. So I got to thinking what else could run from 12v power? At the moment I am researching better misters and some lighting and maybe a heating pad.

• Like 1

Just a little add to this thread. The small 10w panel was not beefy enough to power the fan and trickle the battery (12v). I invested in a new 100w panel and deep cycle battery for my camper van trips. This is more than enough to keep both fans going and power two bottle top misters 24/7. So I got to thinking what else could run from 12v power? At the moment I am researching better misters and some lighting and maybe a heating pad.