Problems with czplants

Has anyone recently had problems with czplants?
I have done some transactions with this seller in the past and the support was good when the plants arrived with problems. But apparently that has changed.
This time I ordered some expensive plants and to avoid problems to the seller I used the more expensive transport available.
Not only the time to delivery was the same but all plants arrived burned apparently from ice. 3 are already dead and the other 2 will probably take the same path.
I sent several emails with no response, and the same happened to a  friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here...

I'd be very careful when ordering plants at this time of the year. Postal services are busier than normally due to the extra workload caused by Christmas so delivery times can be longer than normally. Any extra time spent in transit will have some negative impact on the plants.

Also, the company you ordered from is located in a country known to have cold winters with quite a bit of snow and freezing temperatures. This will have negative impact on postal services (along with the Christmas rush) that might lead to longer processing times and parcels taking longer to be sorted, loaded and shipped abroad. As far as I know, cargo areas of postal trucks are not heated. If you are ordering plants that are not hardy in both the country of origin/destination, wait until the outside temperature is within the plant's tolerance, otherwise don't be surprised if some frost damage occurs.

On the other hand, the seller should not be selling/posting non-hardy plants at this time of the year to avoid frost damage (and even hardy plants should be carefully packed/insulated to avoid damage).

You didn't state what plants exactly you ordered. Some species tolerate freezing temperature, some don't. How were the plants packed? Were they insulated and protected from cold? If the packaging wasn't good, you should be able to get a refund as it's the sellers responsibility to pack everything correctly. How did you pay? If the seller doesn't respond, you might be able to make a claim via Paypal or your bank (if you paid by card). If it was a bank transfer/postal order/cheque, your options are limited.

Hi Folks,

I spent 3 years in the Czech Republic, in the provincial town of Vyškov. In the winter it regularly reached -10°C at night, and one morning I actually woke up to -20°C, it was really something! So in the countryside (and there's a lot of it there) it would be even colder. Every winter, somewhere would always reach -30°C at least once. So yes, definitely a good idea to suspend ordering from there till spring. In fact, spring or autumn will be the best times, because having a continental climate conversely the summers also get scorching hot, 25°C to 35°C being the average maximums, sometimes hotter.

Edited by Karsty

@Bluedog0628 You are totally correct, I have learned the hard way that this is not a good time to order plants.

But I ordered beginning of november and at the time here in Portugal the temperatures were still on the warm side. But knowing in CZ is much colder I payed more 30€ for shipping than normal, but didn't make any difference.
The seller is very experienced and should know that is not a good idea do ship plants at this time. The packaging was the same as always, the simplest possible. 

I filed a complaint with paypal and the seller immediately respond from another email, apparently the main email is not working!!! But again stop responding after I sent the photos.

The plants, https://imgur.com/a/ptb0v

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bluedog,

My native language is English, and I'm kind of bilingual with Danish, but Czech, když mluvím česky, kouří můj mozek! I did get to the stage of being able to basically communicate, but I could not get on with it I am afraid )~8 . I did used to teach English there, and managed to figure out a simple way of understanding present perfect!

The last I knew the aircraft museum is still there, although I only ever saw it passing by on the motorway (or the train?)

• 2 weeks later...

If you use the czplants@Icloud e-mail you have better chance on a reply, Otherwise give them a phone call. It helped in my case at least.
I placed an order but they were unable to deliver it. They asked whether they should return the money or that I wanted to order alternatives.  I requested to return the money, but no response,  In the end I ordered an alternative but they wanted me to pay for it. It took a few weeks, a lot of e-mails and a phone call but in the end everytning was settled.

3 hours ago, johnvdw said:

If you use the czplants@Icloud e-mail you have better chance on a reply, Otherwise give them a phone call. It helped in my case at least.
I placed an order but they were unable to deliver it. They asked whether they should return the money or that I wanted to order alternatives.  I requested to return the money, but no response,  In the end I ordered an alternative but they wanted me to pay for it. It took a few weeks, a lot of e-mails and a phone call but in the end everytning was settled.

After complaining with paypal the seller responded from that email.
One day after paypal give me the money he sent a email saying that was going to refund.
It was too late, a seller to avoid, like carnivoria.eu.

• 2 weeks later...

I had bought many seeds from czplantslast year but I had  0% germination all the seeds ware too old to germinate even the capensis who last many years.... I contact with them no answer to my emails...I open  a case in paypal and paypal did not refund me....... so do not trast this seller for enything...

• 3 years later...