I'm back!

DaveC

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here for about 6 years but here I am once again.

Around Christmas time 6 years ago I went away for a week and when I got home I found that the fuse to the power supply for my highland greenhouse had blown and all of my neps had frozen solid. All but 2 of a collection of around 40+ were killed ruining years of time, effort and money. This led to my interest waining and then, not long after that, I was forced to move house and the new one isn't big enough for a green house and all this led to me leaving the forum.

I kept a few (maybe 20)  sarracenia and VFTs which have been living happily in pots in my back garden all this time but will be even  happier once I can get them back under glass.  

Anyway, I'm back again so hi to everyone who remembers me and hello to everyone who has joined since I left. I'm looking forward to chatting about all things carnivorous and hoping that you guys can spur me on to getting my finger out and getting my love and my collection going again.

It's good to meet you Dave, welcome back. Sorry to hear about you losing your plants. I am new  to CP's and I have learnt a huge amount from this forum. I am beginning to understand how you must of felt. I killed off a VFT a few years ago, not knowing how to look after it. My interest began when I wandered around a garden centre and became fascinated by a dying Sarracenia, why was it giving up the ghost when all other plants surrounding it were thriving?? I read up a bit and became totally hooked. Sorry to ramble on a bit, anyway, welcome back sir. Keith.

• Thanks 1

It's good to meet you Dave, welcome back. Sorry to hear about you losing your plants. I am new  to CP's and I have learnt a huge amount from this forum. I am beginning to understand how you must of felt. I killed off a VFT a few years ago, not knowing how to look after it. My interest began when I wandered around a garden centre and became fascinated by a dying Sarracenia, why was it giving up the ghost when all other plants surrounding it were thriving?? I read up a bit and became totally hooked. Sorry to ramble on a bit, anyway, welcome back sir. Keith.