Sign in to follow this  
Mervinius

Filiformis not doing well....

Hello.

My filiformis wasn't doing well in the heat of my greenhouse so after advice from here I popped it outside and it soon recovered and was doing great.

Unfortunately I haven't checked on it much recently and the weather has changed to crazy rain and wind and cooler temps.

It's now looking really sorry for itself. It's got no dew or any healthy new shoots.

Do you think it's gone dormant? Or just sulking? I've moved it back to the greenhouse so it's out of the wind and a bit warmer.

I've attached a before and after picture.

Most exciting though my new Drosera is just about to flower...b191c44b08bbf6b155774b79e2fdfe4a.jpgeb9b62f1b09197cd2766761d43232a6a.jpg46632996bb18d2ff8eb05031755e3b86.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hi, are you in the UK?

All of my temperate sundews have pretty much formed a hibernacula. Apart from the beleziana at the mo. They live permanently in the elements outside.

Had quite a few chilly days here this September so they went to bed early. 

Hi, are you in the UK?
All of my temperate sundews have pretty much formed a hibernacula. Apart from the beleziana at the mo. They live permanently in the elements outside.
Had quite a few chilly days here this September so they went to bed early. 

Hi Mark.

Yes I'm in the UK in sunny Dorset, although it's not been a very sunny Sept! Ok maybe it has just gone to sleep then.

My other Drosera are still growing away in the greenhouse so I was worried.

Like it down your way. Not so scenic down here in brighton.

With your filiformis, I would keep it just damp now, no standing water. When the temperature start to drop further pop it back in the greenhouse for protection.

Mine have to live outside, my filiformis survived last winter out there no probs.

With your filiformis, I would keep it just damp now, no standing water. When the temperature start to drop further pop it back in the greenhouse for protection.
Mine have to live outside, my filiformis survived last winter out there no probs.
It is very scenic here. Thanks for all your help. I shall pop it in a empty tray now.