This can be for a variety of reasons mate but check the plants over for aphids.

They can't always be easily seen as they tend to be in at the base where the new growth is or on the underneath of the traps and stalks. 

I don't know how many VFT's you have but if it is not many you could try submersing the whole plant in a bucket of water, perhaps weighing it down in the water with a plastic milk bottle full of water. Leave the plant for 24 hours, take out and repeat the process a week later. This will drown any aphids. The new growth should be fine then.

I have a similar thing happening with one of my larger plants; it's because of small new growth points forming at the sides of the parent plant

44 minutes ago, Robby said:

I have a similar thing happening with one of my larger plants; it's because of small new growth points forming at the sides of the parent plant

Correlation =/= causation.

What I meant to say was that it isn't necessarily so that either the new shoots are causing deformed leaves, or deformed leaves are causing new shoots, but there could (likely) be a different cause responsible for both the new shoots and the deformed leaves. As Blocky71 and David wrote, it could be aphids sucking on the new leaves, causing the plant to create more offshoots to survive.

They just look like new growth from a little offset on the bulb. I'd leave them - the next traps will probably be normal.