Sign in to follow this  
AndeeUK

Sarracenia Seedlings

I have 15 Sarracenia seedlings that are about 4 weeks old. When would be best to thin these out into there own pots, or should I leave them until they are much older?

You should use a spoon to dig up the seedlings, but it's a risky task. If i were you i'd wait until they are little bit older.

I'd wait at least a year personally. Seems a bit daft to pot them together and then pot them separately soon after. You might as well have just sown them in their own pots in the first place!

Been fairly new to the hobby, I just did what I thought everybody else was doing. I don't suppose they will grow much more this year unless I can keep them warm and give them plenty of light. They are currently in my greenhouse, but this is only frost protected during the winter.

they'll be fine,leave them alone until next year. they can stand frost too. when they grow some new pitchers next year,repot them after 2or 3 pitchers.