Has anyone bought one of these off amazon before??

bigphil1984

You don't need to repot Pinguicula unless you just want to put them in a nicer looking pot, they don't care and their roots don't grow beyond the 2cm mark. They don't need distilled water, tap water will do fine. A little bit of water every 2-3 weeks will suffice to keep them healthy, more is unnecessary. In winter they get tiny succulent leaves, so need less water still. They flower profusely, and I'm pretty sure the amount of flowers is an indication of the amount of growth points (that will become visible in a matter of weeks). Very easy to take care of, they're basically regular house plants with greasy leaves.

• Like 1

Well I got my new pinguicula tina just now, and I was not happy with them. 3 broken flower stalks and broken leaves! They've been in transit for 5 days. But they do like a nice healthy green and look like there producing more flowers [emoji38]. Another thing is that the soil there in looks and smells just like any normal multi purpose compost, I don't know if I should repot them into better soil mix??da4d8487d75152da1fdb07d8fd1d4c02.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

The plants are good loocking and healty... is a very common thing that the flowers and leaves broking themselves in travel... you can transplant that when do You want, but if you do it now, after repotting You must put in shadow for about a week... better mineral substrate (sand, vulcanic lava, pomice...) good luck!

The plants are good loocking and healty... is a very common thing that the flowers and leaves broking themselves in travel... you can transplant that when do You want, but if you do it now, after repotting You must put in shadow for about a week... better mineral substrate (sand, vulcanic lava, pomice...) good luck!
Hi argo, I might just leave them for now and see how they get on since since I can see new flowers starting. I'll repot in the spring [emoji6] I have silica sand, potting grit, perlite and sphagnum peat moss.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

On 8/27/2017 at 6:54 PM, linuxman said:

Many nurseries carry these plants.

also garden centres and DIY outlets such as Homebase will stock it.