Drosophyllum dying

domi

Hello everyone, my drosophyllum is really not good but I don't know why, the tips become brown fast and there is no dew.

The first photo is what it looked like one month ago and the second photo is 2 days ago.

Soil is sand 50 peat 25 perlite 25, I water from top like 3 times a week, 5 hours of sun a day and the plant is 6 months old.

Thank you for your help

1.jpg

2.jpg

Not looking good but at least it looks like a couple of new leaves coming up!  I've grown these countless times but always 'lost' them after a year or two.  Trying again and tried growing outside as advised by the person who sent me the seeds.  So far so good as I've a big pot with now about 10 plants growing.  Rarely watered as the rain has been more than enough and they get sun for about 80% of the day.  Yours look dry - where do you grow them?  Have you had the recent high temperatures?  Might be worth considering bigger pots too as I thought I've read they have long roots that go down a long way.

Edited by Dunc
  • Like 1

I keep mine always wet. Hot days with twice watering in the tray plus the rain as often ist comes. The tray is only very few and short times dry, at most a few hours. They grow like weed for the third year now.

Mike has put it to the point.

http://sarracenia.proboards.com/thread/608/drosophyllum-lusitanicum-dewy-pine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, partisangardener said:

I keep mine always wet. Hot days with twice watering in the tray plus the rain as often ist comes. The tray is only very few and short times dry, at most a few hours. They grow like weed for the third year now.

Mike has put it to the point.

http://sarracenia.proboards.com/thread/608/drosophyllum-lusitanicum-dewy-pine.

I definetely increase watering and pray, thank you both