ada

FRAUD

1 hour ago, JuanP said:

All I can say as a beginner, is that THIS thread has gotten lots more attention and replies than any of the beginner questions being posted that need some actual help.

I specifically wanted to join a forum, opposed to the 100's of FaceBook groups I'm on, due to the fact that a Forum has structure, with sections for each part of the hobby, all neatly laid out with it's various topics. This makes browsing a breeze, combined with the search function, and you get alot of answers.

FaceBook doesn't have this, and it's like pulling teeth to try find something particular, and usually best to just ask and hope someone with experience answers what you need to know.

Same here though, if you have no idea what you're dealing with, you have no grounds to build a search from, thus you have to ask with a pic or two to try be clear of what you're referring to.

Yet, you sit and watch reply after reply popping up here, and the various questions are left to gather dust and the person who posted left to go on a Google hunt where information can be even more confusing since every Tom Dick and Harry has an opinion there, which completely conflicts with every other.

Cheers,

J.P.

Well said Juan! I too like forums for the same reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JuanP said:

Forgot my punch line... :banging:

So to conclude, if it was indeed said Mr. Alfred Nimmo's intention to harm the hobby, then well done to him, mission achieved! :vinsent:

JuanP is correct. Is this really the outcome we want. I honestly don't think so.

I joined this forum and the CPS because after taking up an interest in CP's i needed guidance on how to look after my beloved babies. The forum along with joining the CPS was a place where I expected to be able to gain the knowledge I needed, to expand my interest and maybe to gain a few more friends. I have met a few of you at various shows around the country and always found you very helpful, friendly and willing to give advice to a newby like me. I often lurk on the forum and post very occasionally, but the knowledge I have got from reading your posts is tons more than reading any book on the subject and is why I personally decided to sponsor the forum and to give a little back for the mountains of information I have got from you all and I thank you.

Personally, I think this Nimmo issue has gone on too long and as JuanP has rightly said, this is now being distructive to both the forum and the hobby. Please can we put this whole issue to bed and get on with what we all enjoy doing best and at least look forward to our next get together. In my case visiting Harlow Carr this weekend. Something to look forward to (or Not?).

Andrew

• Like 1

The newcomers have said what REALLY needed to be said on this topic.  This is a forum about growing our beloved CPs.  People come here to look for advice.  I remember being SO grateful to CPUK when I got back into growing them and I miss the community spirit that we have had in the past and can continue to have in the future.  

I'm deeply saddened that we have lost @Alexis as a moderator over this whole business but agree entirely with what Alexis said.  This topic needs to be moderated and shut down.  It's unhealthy and unproductive.  If anyone's not happy with my decision then apparently www.facebook.com can come in handy.
  • Like 1