VFT weirdness!

Karsty

So I recently acquired a Dionaea Red Dragon (Akai Ryu) through the post, a very nice healthy plant. So I planted it in the middle of my Dionaea Big Mouth. A couple of days later I fed it 2 live large queen ants. The traps closed up and compressed as they do. A week later one of them started to open and the queen ant crawled out.

:shock:

• Confused 1

• 11 months later...

Just stand on the damn ants (have a lot of trouble with the buggers getting in the house here.)

They are tough little things, Fed one to my sundew and the leaf developed a black section in the middle of the leaf a couple of days later. The sundew was a healthy specimen and there was nothing on the leaf before being fed the ant. Could be a coincidence but there was no mark on the leaf before and wasn't an old leaf either.

The ant got away from the plant but not me.

• Haha 1

I think the ants are chewing your sundew leaves to cause the damage. They apparently to not eject any formic acid.

This particular queen ant escaped from me this year. Next year I will install cctv.

Weirdly, all those I put into D. m. 'Big Mouth' were fully digested......

• 11 months later...