None in my greenhouse,but when I put the purp's outside within 30 seconds there all over them!

Loads in the house getting stuck to the fly paper! Not as many in the greenhouse. I thought about using Mike Kings trick and putting a bowl of cat food in the greenhouse. After smelling it at Mikes, I thought better of it. Lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hannahraptor said:

I thought about using Mike Kings trick and putting a bowl of cat food in the greenhouse. After smelling it at Mikes, I thought better of it. Lol 

Not to mention every cat in the neighborhood in your garden!!!!!! Lol.

Loads of bugs around here, one of my leuco's set a new record. Pitcher opened last night, fully unfolded this morning, when i got home from work full to the top with buzzing hoverflies. To the point where new additions could just climb back out. 

Funny to see certain bugs having certain preferences, at least in my garden, flower beetles love the flavas and anything with a copper top really. Hoverflies straight to the leucos and moorei's and houseflies will go to anything but my oreophilas always seem to be mostly full of them.

For cat food in the greenhouse, you need to use a really cheap one. You know what cats are like, they just won't eat the cheap food. You would probably help your cause by buying a very large amount of food. The larger the bag that you buy, the less chance there is of the cat eating it.

• Like 3

Late last year I went out to tge garden to potter about with my plants when I thought "what is that ***** smell!?". Tracked it down to my largest darlingtonia, biggest two pitchers in particular. It was so bad and the pitchers were started to die back already so they both had to go.  They were rammed solid with so many bugs.

23 hours ago, danl82 said:

I thought "what is that ***** smell!?". Tracked it down to my largest darlingtonia

Same here a few years back - my large Darlingtonia were just inside the greenhouse door, at waist level, on the bench. As soon as you walked in, you were greeted with a very pungent smell of decay, warmed up in the summer sun!

I divided and potted my darlingtonia into a nice big container this year and not long after I noticed a procession of ants all over it. This was before the new growth and pitchers were up, they were going into the left over stumps of the cut off old pitchers and feeding on the left over insect carcasses. 

Fast forward a couple of weeks, the new pitchers were open and the ants had disappeared... :roll:

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, Deltatango301 said:

Is it me or are there less flys around this year

Hardly any here.  So few I'm thinking of letting my Sauromatum horsfieldiis flower in the greenhouse....on second thoughts though, maybe not :sick:

1 minute ago, Mervinius said:

Millions down here in the south. We have so many horse flys at work. This one was hugeeee

647a46ed9c245c893842a827a6ad7967.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Oh man the small ones are bad enough where I live! bet they take a chunk out of you when they bite!