£325 - a new record?

Alexis

That's crazy, people are paying crazy money lately.

• Like 1

Crazy money - but I bet someone buys it.

@Alexis, I think that the cultivar doesn't look that great until it develops the adult, completely red pitchers - then it is quite distinctive. I have seen pictures of a number of hybrids from Phil Wang's collection that have Reptilian Rose in the parentage, and they look impressive - I think it performs well as breeding stock.

Yes, I've seen some pictures of it looking great but the lip deformity seems inconsistent and I would guess that you probably get a few iffy looking pitchers amongst the stunners.  Also I honestly didn't believe it was that rare.

10 hours ago, Blocky71 said:

There's something doesnt look right , apart from the price...

if you look at the sellers feedback it shows they sold an identical plant for £10.00 and £2-50 postage.....

That wasn't a plant - it was a photo of the plant

It is common on Ebay for the price to be inflated when sellers have no stock. This way they can keep the high selling rating of the product, so when it becomes back in stock it will be higher up the rankings and appear closer to the top. A new item would be well down the listings and would need to gain sales again for it to appear at the top again. That said the seller has now removed the listing proving my idea wrong lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...