Rose clear ultra spray.

Just wondering if anybody has used this for their cp's. Tested on a few bonsai and its killed aphids (provado isn't killing them anymore). If I wanted to test on my cp's would I just spray 1 sarracenia leaf/VFT leaf and wait to see results? I'm assuming that if it does no harm to these then it'll be okay to use for others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Hannah

My experience earlier this year...on VFTs/Sarrs/Drosera capensis it didn't seem to cause any harm.  Testing it on a sacrificial Pinguicula grandiflora wasn't so successful, like other types of sacrifices the plant died.  After that I bought ladybird larvae for the rest of my P. grandifloras but whilst the larger larvae got munching some of them are very small and just became Ping food.

If you decide to give it a go I'd definitely go easy and try on 1 or 2 plants to begin with.

• Like 1

Bug Clear is safe and effective in my experience. Rose Clear is the same stuff with triticonazole added, so I'm guessing this chemical isn't safe.

I did see that but I thought with the rose clear being a fungicide too it would've saved money in long run. I'll still test in on my VFT and a sarr see how it goes, luckily I don't own anything that's too sensitive. I will have to get some bug clear if it doesn't work, Thankyou!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't have many VFT's, just submerge them in a bucket of water. Bring the water over the top of the foliage, maybe weighing down the pot with a plastic milk bottle full of water. Leave for 24 hours. Then do the same thing a week later. All done, no problems, nothing toxic.

• Like 1

I overdosed some Sarracenia with it a few years back as an experiment and it screwed them! In small doses it seems fine but just don't overdo it.

Nigel H-C

• Like 1