Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Largest trap?

I was just wondering if there was to be a reprise of the Largest Trap Competition for 2017?

Unless I have missed it, there hasn't been one for a couple of years and it was a good bit of fun. (Plus, I have a rather impressive contender already! :wink:)

• Like 1

@Trev used to set it up.  I know he didn't do it for a couple of years because the growing season was just pants! Maybe after reading this he could consider doing it this year.  I could help look into prizes too but I don't have time to run the competition myself as all the measured photos need to be stored and recorded for the submissions.  

Hi Stu and Richard.

How I set the competition up originally it was no work at all, just post the thread and send out the prize at the end. But by popular demand the competition rules were changed in early 2013, which made it a huge amount of work. I did it like that for 2 years then interest seemed to be waning, I got ill and the weather was crap, so I let it go.

I don't mind running it again the original way, but I don't have the time or energy for how it was done the last 2 years. Also if someone else wanted to take it on that would be great, I'm happy to help out.

Perhaps @Hannahraptor could liase with @Trev regarding the complexities of running it the newer way to see if it's doable? I recall the older way was putting people off entering as once they saw the measurements on the entries the knew their trap already failed to beat it.  

• Like 3

On 05/06/2017 at 9:37 AM, Stu said:

I was just wondering if there was to be a reprise of the Largest Trap Competition for 2017?

Unless I have missed it, there hasn't been one for a couple of years and it was a good bit of fun. (Plus, I have a rather impressive contender already! :wink:)

Keep your eyes peeled! :)