Biggest N.sanguinea pitcher so far.

Excuse me I want moaning, is appreciate it if you don't make assumptions!! Some one asked and I have my opinion

Mark

I know you wants moaning :) it's that some people were being quite cruel on the other forums to the point where they were slating the seller :( you can't do stuff like that. And making me feel stupid :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice plant Hannah.

• Like 1

I'd love to grow a few Nep's but I don't think I can offer the right environment for them in the winter.

I can bring them in the house under grow lights, but I can't offer the relative humidity they need :(

I'd love to grow a few Nep's but I don't think I can offer the right environment for them in the winter.
I can bring them in the house under grow lights, but I can't offer the relative humidity they need [emoji20]

I've had no problem growing them on window sills all year round, I have 3 ventrata's, 2 sanguinea, 1 Bloody Mary and just recently got a maxima & ventricosa x spectabilis and they're all doing great :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HannahMariia said:

I've had no problem growing them on window sills all year round, I have 3 ventrata's, 2 sanguinea, 1 Bloody Mary and just recently got a maxima & ventricosa x spectabilis and they're all doing great :)

Thank's Hannah, I'll have to try them, Bloody Mary is a lovely looking Nepenthes,

Regards 

Andy 

• Like 1

I grow several cp in my windowsill as well (neps, drosera, cephs, vfts, heliamphora, darlingtonia). humidity is between 50-70%. I find that light and temperature are more important. I can provide light but it gets pretty cold in the winter and im struggling to keep the temp up then. When it gets warmer in the summer my plants did better. They also adjust over time. So if you start growing them in your windowsill it might help to put them in a plastic bag at first and let them get used to the lower humidity over time.

• Like 1

sanguinea is my biggest pitcher nep:

large.WP_20170615_00_27_45_Pro.jpg.fcc5f8f932d2d5daf8e63e88f0e58cdd.jpg

Obtained as a small cutting a few years ago and this year knocking out 9 inch monsters (for me).

No special conditions, just hanging up in my conservatory which can hit 40 (or above) on days like today.  Water drench and drain weekly but never spray or feed.  Struggled with neps for years but have a few now that grow well in the conservatory or out in the greenhouse in summer.  Just picked up a half-price pitcher-less Miranda from the local GC so hope that's a hardy grower too.

• Like 3

Well Hannah you have inspired me! Lol :), I took the plunge and ordered a Bloody Mary from Mark at Hampshire Carnivores, arriving Wednesday! I also ordered a range of seeds from Triffid. 

• Like 2

Well Hannah you have inspired me! Lol :), I took the plunge and ordered a Bloody Mary from Mark at Hampshire Carnivores, arriving Wednesday! I also ordered a range of seeds from Triffid. 

Woohoo! Make sure you post pictures of the 'bloody Mary' [emoji16] and what seeds did you order?

• Like 1

Hi Hannah, Nepenthes /(Viking × amp) × amp /× (raff × amp black miracle) arrived today, and I'm waiting for N, lowii 'Trusmadii'    N, kampotiani × (Veitchii × maxima) × Miranda          N, Suratensis × albormarginata                  N, Rajah 'Tambuyukon, sabah, Borneo.    

I copied the names from the wedsite because I wouldn't have known were to start!

• Like 1

Hi Hannah, Nepenthes /(Viking × amp) × amp /× (raff × amp black miracle) arrived today, and I'm waiting for N, lowii 'Trusmadii'    N, kampotiani × (Veitchii × maxima) × Miranda          N, Suratensis × albormarginata                  N, Rajah 'Tambuyukon, sabah, Borneo.    
I copied the names from the wedsite because I wouldn't have known were to start!

Wow! You've got quite a few seeds to sow then! Will be cool to see what they look like when they start growing!

• Like 1

Got to germinate first! Lol. I watched a few YouTube videos, so with a bit of luck they'll do something! :)

• Like 2

N, Bloody Mary arrived today.b332412f66fa4a5978f240b00feedec2.jpg

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry about the muck on the leaves, I didn't clean it off befor I took the pic!

• Like 1