Anybody had problems with Carnivoria.eu?

On 15-2-2018 at 10:47 AM, cmyk255 said:

Interestingly, I've now won a complaint against carnivoria.eu via PayPal and received a full refund. I recommend anyone whom carnivoria.eu tries to screw over to file a claim through PayPal because they don't tolerate illegal business practices.

Great to hear you've got your money back, although it's a shame either way that the plants were sent off towards a certain death. I'm guessing PayPal are more likely to properly look into a case the higher the disputed amount.

I'm still waiting for my Utricularia praelonga, David. Will you ever send it? It's only been about nine months...

• Like 2

On 16/02/2018 at 10:42 PM, carambola said:

Great to hear you've got your money back, although it's a shame either way that the plants were sent off towards a certain death. I'm guessing PayPal are more likely to properly look into a case the higher the disputed amount.

I'm still waiting for my Utricularia praelonga, David. Will you ever send it? It's only been about nine months...

I'm sorry to hear you are still waiting on an order from them, carambola. The guy is totally shameless. It may be the case that paypal looks more into the big orders, but could be worth a shot, depending on the particulars of your order. And you are so right, the real victims here are the plants. It's so dumb that they had to go sit in a box to die. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem at the moment.

I have order at beginning of january. 2weeks was good wether for shipping. He dont ship. Now we have +10/15 grad degrece in germany and czech republic. He said he will sent beginning of last week. I have try to contact him. No response... I realy dont know how it can be so difficult to pack 5 plants and bring them to post office. 

Hello,

let me wish everyone a successful growing season. My short comments you can see below:

Carambola: I'm still waiting for my Utricularia praelonga, David. Will you ever send it? It's only been about nine months...

David: It is reasonable and logical If the client has received a refund (as mentioned -  I've now won a complaint against carnivoria.eu via PayPal and received a full refund) to write about this old case still again? Only short info: I offered to send U. praelonga later additionaly ....  Here is copy of my email:

Hello , thank you for your message, please, I know ... I have problem with praelonga, so I could not send you it. I can refund you money, best regards, David (copies of emails can be sent as a PrintScreen copy to potential takers ...)

Neverending story with praelonga for carambola and I strongly oppose against insults from carambola 

Especially for Carambola  - I will not respond to your next misleading and incorrect messages.

In this case, Paypal absolutely did not respect the seller's rights, the seller's costs, the business conditions and the actual situation where the client claimed an amount of 3 euros, but paypal refunded the full amount to the client. And this man has the courage to write about this case for almost a year ...

cmyk255

This case is still unresolved, I'm waiting for the official statement of the delivery company.  The client Rosemary Lee mentioned that consignments were not delivered to country of destination, I am waiting for the official information about consignments which have been sent to customer – it takes up to 90 days. She was informed about it. It is entirely legitimate and normal process - the client filed a complaint to me, I file a complaint with the shipping company. For objective resolution of the case we all have to wait for official information of shipping company. We now have proof that one shipment has been delivered, for more information we are waiting.

In this case again, Paypal absolutely did not respect the seller's rights, the seller's costs, the business conditions and and time required for handling complaints, and paypal refunded the full amount to the client. This is totally incompetent decision, stupid and damaging to retailer, but it is unfortunately reality.

I disagree with the misleading, incomplete and distorted information presented here by Rosemary Lee.

When incompetent assessment of cases by PayPal the seller is not at all protected in cases, when the shipment is sent to the client, the client does not takeover consignment and requests the full refund. Seller is wasting time, money and goods - without any compensation.

David Zimmerman

To David we sent warmlike nepenthes when weather as soon as the weather was more friendly. If warmlike species are ordered in the winter season, the customer should expect to delay the shipment. Then I do not have to deal with unnecessary complaints. Unfortunately, I have to respond to unnecessary messages. This reaction from David we regret.

David from Carnivoria

Edited by sheila
Remove personal information as requested

David, I really am sick of your lies. To your email about refunding, I immediately (less than 30 minutes later!) replied:

"Hi David, okay, you can refund it, or if you know that you will have the praelonga available again in the future, you can send it then."

After that, nothing. I did not hear or receive anything from you until I opened a case on PayPal. To this day, I have not received either the plant or a refund for the money you stole.

Let's keep in mind here that you never even informed me that you would not be sending the Utricularia praelonga, and that it was only after I mentioned it was missing from the package that you said that yes, you did not send it because you did not have any, so I would say my initial response was very friendly, considering you basically scammed me.

I never received a refund from PayPal, and you know this as well as I do. I'm unable to find the closed case on PayPal, so can not take a screenshot, but PayPal was only willing to refund if I sent the plants (that I never received or that were disintegrated) back, which I did not do as I could not.

15 hours ago, carambola said:

I never received a refund from PayPal, and you know this as well as I do. I'm unable to find the closed case on PayPal, so can not take a screenshot, but PayPal was only willing to refund if I sent the plants (that I never received or that were disintegrated) back, which I did not do as I could not.

Hey Carambola (and Everyone),

Phew! What a state of affairs!

3 things can be taken from this (and from my own experience from other sellers):......

It may be best to pay by credit card for better simpler protection (or use your credit card via PayPal?)

If you use PayPal, if it is there, use the option PAY AFTER DELIVERY.

If you receive dead or decomposing plants, TAKE PHOTOS of them and KEEP THEM and their pots and packaging (in the fridge?) so you have evidence and something you can return if necessary.

I know it's a bit of a constant battle.

Karsty.

Edited by Karsty

• 3 weeks later...

Ill share my experience with canivoria, the first time i ordered i had to wait 3months to get my plants, communication was probably the worst, he sometimes takes weeks to months to even reply my email. After months my parcel finally was sent, and he sent me some bonus plants, all the plants i received was in multiple quantities or quadriples, not what i was expecting, dionaeas was pretty small just as described. I was extremely satisfied in my first order so i proceeded to make a 2nd order months ago. Even till today all the plants are doing well.

This time my 2nd order David was quick to reply, emails took within hours which was not i expected, though he said he would sent the plant on this particular date, he did not and i had to kept email and asking him when he would sent the parcel. 

For this order i made sure to use expressmail like my last order, to prevent casualties and to receive healthy plants.

The parcel was sent from 28 , i received it 6days later which was about the same as before my first order.

Finally after a very exciting 1 and a half month wait i finally got my parcel, i made huge order as i was expecting just as great plants as my first order. Parcel arrived and i quickly tore open the parcel, opened up and saw the plants, all my pinguicula have rot except for 1 species, i ordered over 10 species, over half of my droseras have rotted, dionaea arrived and most was alive but the most expensive cultivar arrived black. I was expecting 2 dionaeas since the first order i made all came with 2 small plants, however this time it was just 1 of each, fine i guess since it was stated however it wasnt consistent or perhaps it was just my wishful thinking of receiving 2. I was told to get bonus plants but got non , i was missing 2 plants as well.  David's reply to this was his bonus plant  was some pinguiculas and dionaea, which isnt the case since they are the plants i ordered, i guess he got confused or forgotten because i made an order over 20 plants...Non of the plants look as healthy as the first time, now 3 of the dionaeas which is a total of 100euros are dying, the only healthy plant the arrived was pinguicula alpina and couple dionaeas.

I cant blame David for this as well as it could be my countries weather being warm and the plants may not have liked the sudden increase in temps since its spring in czech and i live in the tropics...

After day 1, pinguicula alpina, the sole survival or ping looks good, 4 of the dionaeas worth 130euro, dead. This is so saddening, i paid 400euros but only 4 plants out of over 20 arrived was healthy, dionaea fire mouth, dionaea little darling and pinguicula alpina, drosera ordensis, im guessing the rest of the plants who arrived looking bad but did not will die in also rot in couple days as well.

I emailed David regarding this immediately, he replied to ask for more photo evidence and plants that arrived dead and would refund, so i did email him now i am waiting for his response.

Edit: David said he would refund the money, but i chose to have him resend the plant during the summer, like before. He seems like quite a trustworthy dealer atleast for me, cant say the same for everyone else as there are couple negative feeds above, just that he is forgetful, or that he is dealing with too many customers all by himself.

Edited by ham
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 6:26 PM, ham said:

Ill share my experience with canivoria, the first time i ordered i had to wait 3months to get my plants, communication was probably the worst, he sometimes takes weeks to months to even reply my email. After months my parcel finally was sent, and he sent me some bonus plants, all the plants i received was in multiple quantities or quadriples, not what i was expecting, dionaeas was pretty small just as described. I was extremely satisfied in my first order so i proceeded to make a 2nd order months ago. Even till today all the plants are doing well.

This time my 2nd order David was quick to reply, emails took within hours which was not i expected, though he said he would sent the plant on this particular date, he did not and i had to kept email and asking him when he would sent the parcel. 

For this order i made sure to use expressmail like my last order, to prevent casualties and to receive healthy plants.

The parcel was sent from 28 , i received it 6days later which was about the same as before my first order.

Finally after a very exciting 1 and a half month wait i finally got my parcel, i made huge order as i was expecting just as great plants as my first order. Parcel arrived and i quickly tore open the parcel, opened up and saw the plants, all my pinguicula have rot except for 1 species, i ordered over 10 species, over half of my droseras have rotted, dionaea arrived and most was alive but the most expensive cultivar arrived black. I was expecting 2 dionaeas since the first order i made all came with 2 small plants, however this time it was just 1 of each, fine i guess since it was stated however it wasnt consistent or perhaps it was just my wishful thinking of receiving 2. I was told to get bonus plants but got non , i was missing 2 plants as well.  David's reply to this was his bonus plant  was some pinguiculas and dionaea, which isnt the case since they are the plants i ordered, i guess he got confused or forgotten because i made an order over 20 plants...Non of the plants look as healthy as the first time, now 3 of the dionaeas which is a total of 100euros are dying, the only healthy plant the arrived was pinguicula alpina and couple dionaeas.

I cant blame David for this as well as it could be my countries weather being warm and the plants may not have liked the sudden increase in temps since its spring in czech and i live in the tropics...

After day 1, pinguicula alpina, the sole survival or ping looks good, 4 of the dionaeas worth 130euro, dead. This is so saddening, i paid 400euros but only 4 plants out of over 20 arrived was healthy, dionaea fire mouth, dionaea little darling and pinguicula alpina, drosera ordensis, im guessing the rest of the plants who arrived looking bad but did not will die in also rot in couple days as well.

I emailed David regarding this immediately, he replied to ask for more photo evidence and plants that arrived dead and would refund, so i did email him now i am waiting for his response.

Edit: David said he would refund the money, but i chose to have him resend the plant during the summer, like before. He seems like quite a trustworthy dealer atleast for me, cant say the same for everyone else as there are couple negative feeds above, just that he is forgetful, or that he is dealing with too many customers all by himself.

Hello Xavier, I sent you message that we will deal problems ...

best regards, David

27 minutes ago, carnivoria said:

Hello Xavier, I sent you message that we will deal problems ...

best regards, David

Hello, any update on what happened with my shipping? And if the plants weren't sent, then a refund would have been appropriate, no? I'm still trying to figure out why you would have sent another set of plants without knowing if the first package arrived and without telling me about having sent it. I don't think that you would have done that and it doesn't make sense to have done that. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FlyTrapUniverse said:

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!!! TRASHY BUSINESS

Whilst I would agree with the sentiment, it doesn't help if you don't mention anything about what happened to make you feel that way. No one can learn anything if you only say "don't order from them", and it makes others with bad experiences look bad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Richard Bunn said:

@carnivoria I've hidden your most recent post where you publicly revealed @carambola's personal email address.  Doing that was unacceptable.  

Hi Richard, I don't know if carambola keeps his name public on these forums but @Zebirus quoted his real name as well. I appreciate that you removed David's post though. Customer's information should not be released.

• 9 months later...

Hello world, anyone having an issue with carniavoria.eu at the moment? I placed an order of some carnivorous plants on March 10. David replied the same day and told me that one of the plants isn't available atm. Then I asked him if he could send me another plant instead. He accepted and sent me the total sum of my order on March 11 which I payed the same day via paypal and sent him a screenshot of my payment. Last thing I heard from David was "Hello, thank you, david" on March 11. Until today no consignment was delivered.  Since March I sent him an email twice (March 20  and April 12) when I can expect the delivery of the carnivorous plants but I got no reply.

Before placing my order I read some rather mixed reviews on the internet concering the long time it takes until David replies to emails or dispatches but the diversity of his offer is unique and the prices are very decent.
So obviously it would be absolutely  ok for me to wait some time for my carnivorous plants however I don't like the uncertainty of if and when the plants are shipped and being ignored.

I can fully understand that David has lots of work to do managing his greenhouse and shipping plants, but just ignoring emails seems not to be the perfect way of doing good business.

On top David's  shop appears to be offline ("technikal break") for some days now...

Does anyone know if David is still alive and I just should give him some more time and sit back and relax? I really want those plants but if David is not trustworthy anymore i would consider to claim back the money from paypal...

@carnivoria

Edited by jules4

It always astounds me how people keep buying from this type of seller.there are many small growers on here that advertise great plants cheaply.But they often get ignored,are they too cheap?  Or does a flashy Web site and high prices make plants better?  Always read before you spend your hard earned cash,if you can buy local, then you Don,t get issues with weather being too hot or cold and there are no issues about things getting lost in translation.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 3:12 PM, jules4 said:

Does anyone know if David is still alive and I just should give him some more time and sit back and relax? I really want those plants but if David is not trustworthy anymore i would consider to claim back the money from paypal...

If I were you, I'd file a dispute on PayPal and say that the goods weren't delivered, which, in any case, is not a lie. I've learnt that if a seller doesn't reply to a dispute in about a week's time, you get your money back no questions asked. Either way PayPal has a deadline after which you can no longer file a dispute, so I'd say play it safe and ask for your money back. That way you get three possible outcomes: 1) no reply from the seller, you get your money back; 2) the seller replies why he hasn't answered your mails for the past month and when you can expect to receive your plants, and you decide to wait until you receive the plants (although I would exercise caution in this case, because to my knowledge you cannot reopen a dispute should the plants still not arrive or if anything is wrong with them when they do arrive); or 3) the seller replies, but you ask for your money back because you don't want to wait for however long he says you'll have to wait.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:01 PM, ada said:

It always astounds me how people keep buying from this type of seller.there are many small growers on here that advertise great plants cheaply.But they often get ignored,are they too cheap?  Or does a flashy Web site and high prices make plants better?  Always read before you spend your hard earned cash,if you can buy local, then you Don,t get issues with weather being too hot or cold and there are no issues about things getting lost in translation.

It's much easier to order a bunch of plants at once than to sit around in the sales section of this forum waiting for someone to sell one of the several plants you're interested in. Legally speaking, you're also slightly more protected when you buy from a real shop with a business number (even if it's a shop in a different country), than if you buy from an individual on a forum. I agree that you can find better deals, nicer plants and friendlier sellers over here than in a shop and that you're better off buying locally than abroad, but it just isn't always as easy to do.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I bought plants from here years ago. Was satisfied with them, since David has a big sellection and offers good prices.

I do wonder though, is carnivoria.eu still open? The shop has given me an error message and I didn't see any recent update from it in a while 

• 2 months later...