Ceph pitcher turning yellow?

HannahMariia

Even if all the top growth goes don't give up on it they can grow back.

Also go easy on the watering give a day or so before watering I know everyone has their own theories etc etc, but I find a gap of a day maybe two works fine.

Their roots are long so the gap in watering keeps the crown on the dry side but the roots are moist

I'm trying some in air pots they seem to be liking it

James

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 3

As James said, even if it ends up looking almost dead, don't give up on it as it may well grow back after a bit of a rest.

It'll probably be sulking a bit now anyway as its conditions have been changed a few times recently!

• Like 2

As James said, even if it ends up looking almost dead, don't give up on it as it may well grow back after a bit of a rest.
It'll probably be sulking a bit now anyway as its conditions have been changed a few times recently!

Yeah I've moved it around abit! At least outside it will get a night time drop now, I don't think it had been doing with all this warm weather. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 29/05/2017 at 7:44 PM, James said:

Even if all the top growth goes don't give up on it they can grow back.

Also go easy on the watering give a day or so before watering I know everyone has their own theories etc etc, but I find a gap of a day maybe two works fine.

Their roots are long so the gap in watering keeps the crown on the dry side but the roots are moist

I'm trying some in air pots they seem to be liking it

James

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hi James, I remember buying and trying a load of air pots years ago. Interesting idea, but the bugs just loved them, multistory capsule hotel.

13 hours ago, HugoMorse said:

Hi James, I remember buying and trying a load of air pots years ago. Interesting idea, but the bugs just loved them, multistory capsule hotel.

Haha I can imagine, these  are inside on my windowsill so should be ok.

and despite my very clumsy attempts at repotting they are growing great.

James

• Like 1

Sorry but it looks done for, the best you can do now is empty it out and see if there is any good material in there. more than half of mine did this recently.

(sorry wrote this when I saw your last photo then realised I missed a load of posts)

Edited by Ian Salter
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
that looks nice, how is your other ceph doing?

Not good, no signs of any new growth, what's left of it is squishy and breaks off so easily I'm going to still keep it and see if anything happens next year. I feel so bad for letting it go the way it has. It's my first cp I've ever lost and it was doing so well. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wrap with transparent foil is a bad idea. It heats up more. This is called the greenhouse effect.  A white cachepot will keep it cooler.

I hope it pulls through.

I have them in ceramic pots and they grow like mad in this climate. they are standing in water all day and night. So the evaporating water cools them down.

• Like 1