Black leaves

Guy

Hello I am growing this same plant for 2 years now. It catches lots of fungus gnats for me. The leaves can wither, but as long as its growing new leaves from the center it's nothing to be worried about. Pings do like a bit different growing than most cps. I have mine in a perlite:peat mix, which a lot more perlite than peat. I also dont give it too much water. Its dryer than most of my CPs. Also it likes warm weather. I hope this helps you.

26 minutes ago, Tropicat said:

Hello I am growing this same plant for 2 years now. It catches lots of fungus gnats for me. The leaves can wither, but as long as its growing new leaves from the center it's nothing to be worried about. Pings do like a bit different growing than most cps. I have mine in a perlite:peat mix, which a lot more perlite than peat. I also dont give it too much water. Its dryer than most of my CPs. Also it likes warm weather. I hope this helps you.

Do you think it's worth Guy re potting in new soil? I'm always concerned about the quality of growing media supplied with plants from places like superstores.

Bonjour

for your 'Weser'  may be 'Sethos'  for me your plant ,should not always stagnate in water, risk of rot.
If it is not already too late put in the dry a few days.

jeff

I might be a bit late to the party here but for what it's worth, I grow my Mexican Pings in a mainly mineral mix made up of fine grit, cat litter, coarse sand, perlite (based on what I have in stock at the time) plus a small amount of peat.  Try to avoid getting too much water on the leaves.  If I do spill any water on the leaves I soak it up with a paper kitchen towel.  Because my mix is mainly mineral I can keep them stood in around 1 - 2 cm water but if you're using a mainly organic mix don't keep it soggy.  As Jeff says this will lead to rot which is what looks like has happened to yours but, on the positive side, the grow point looks good and I think it should recover well.