Slow growing P. chuquisacensis (jarmilae)

Benurmanii

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody here grow P. chuquisacensis. I got some seeds from BCP November 2016, and I managed to get 4 to germinate of the 20 or so (probably just old seed). Unfortunately, one of the seedlings seemed to die, then start growing again, then slow and die again. The rest are quite slow-growing, sometimes they make a leaf that is slightly smaller than the previous before making larger leaves again. I've grown it in a wide variety of conditions, that I do not want to bother describing right now, so I'd like to hear what works for you guys first.

18 hours ago, Benurmanii said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody here grow P. chuquisacensis. I got some seeds from BCP November 2016, and I managed to get 4 to germinate of the 20 or so (probably just old seed). Unfortunately, one of the seedlings seemed to die, then start growing again, then slow and die again. The rest are quite slow-growing, sometimes they make a leaf that is slightly smaller than the previous before making larger leaves again. I've grown it in a wide variety of conditions, that I do not want to bother describing right now, so I'd like to hear what works for you guys first.

Hi!

I don't have any experience with p. chuquisacensis, but I only want say You a thing: my first attempt to grow p. chilensis was from seed bought from a very known cp nursery, that for me were old.

Boarn (after 3 months or more) only two plantlets, that was white and never grow well. Finally they died.

Than I bought two wonderful adult plants (thanks a lot to Markus Weldge that sell me them: they were in great form!!!!)... They make me already a lot of flowers. When I sowed the seeds, they germinated after 7-10 days, were all green and grew very quickly.

You have more experience than me... Is possible that the very slowly and weaknessgrowth of your seedlings is due to the age of the seeds, and not to the species of pinguicula?

Possibly it could just be weak/old seed. I think that chuquisacensis does not store nearly as well as chilensis either; I have gotten 100% germination from chilensis stored in the fridge for a few months. In regards to the chilensis you sowed, did you so them on lfs? Seedlings from fresh chilensis seed I sowed on long fibered sphag have done terribly, and are still less than a cm after many months despite catching lots if springtails. I do not think their roots like the lots of space in the media, the seeds I've sown on peat/pumice always grow much better and faster. Perhaps I should transplant a chuquisacensis to a peat based medium (they were sown on lfs with a top layer of peat, they seemed to grow really fast when small, perhaps now that their roots have reached the lfs, they are slowing down).