Nepenthes ID

HannahMariia

image.thumb.jpeg.165a76557e14e3ceb02a8fcfd6f5afec.jpegHi! My first post. I've been keeping CPs for around 3yrs now. Just wondering if anyone can help me ID this please.

it looks very similar to one of my sanguinea's that was bought from Hampshire carnivorous plants. But the pitcher has a slightly different shape to a sanguinea and the leaves are a deeper purple. 

Thanks! 

I spoke with Matt Soper about this last year and he told me that the true N. Rebecca Soper doesn't have red leaves.  There's obviously another plant in circulation that looks similar.

Could it be a sanguinea? 6d5a8ca48beb7749362f4a0a935fc76b.jpg this is my sanguinea that was bought from Matt Soper? fa33433f6691ae41f83aff41b757ecc0.jpg as you can see they both look very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard have right. Many clones are not properly tagged. But when I have low light for this nepenthes he have green leaves. Only better light paint leaves red. When I bought this nepenthes, he was tagged as sanguinea.

• Like 1

I think thats probably correct.  I also got a couple of these a while back, i think one was actually labelled sanguinea, somewhere allong the way i started thinking they were rebecca soper but this thread and what Richard said about Rebecca Soper not have having red leaves does all fit together.

There was some discussion about these very dark sanguineas a while back, some possibility that it was a hybrid (most sanguineas seem to be green and larger).

Most i'd's on hybrid patents need to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway, Sanguinea 'black jack' seems like a good enough id.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen xRebecca Soper developing reddish dark leaves where I live. It was in a garden center, and the plastic tag had the name with a copyright character, so I guess it was the original clone.

Then there is also other similar plants if not the same, incorrectly labeled as "Sanguinea Black Beauty" or in small size without any id at all. Both of these when grow look exactly the same and are males.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...