A stunning plant, and one distinctly different from others. I'm guessing some Adrian Slack in there?

Martin; my guess is that it's still waiting to be registered as presumably Mike has created the hybrid?

thanks everyone!

20 hours ago, S Krelbourn said:

Wow, what an amazing contrast - do you know the cross?

It's tempting to tell everyone how this was made, but for the sake of preventing imposter clones from being produced, the cross will remain a trade secret.  

6 hours ago, linuxman said:

Lovely plant with stunning colours. However, can't find the name in the ICPS list of registered cultivar names. Is this correct Mike? If so shouldn't it be S. "Ellie Wang"?

It hasn't yet been registered, this was the first year it flowered, and I'm still not positive how tall it can get.   So far, it's grown to about 46cm, but I suspect it can get taller.  The plant is only 3 years old, it's still in the experimental stage.  

On 5/9/2017 at 10:23 AM, S Krelbourn said:

Just had a look at s. Elaine Wang and for my money Ellie Wang looks superior in every way ( though perhaps the lid looks larger on Elaine, or is that because the pitcher opening is larger on Ellie?). That said, both are incredible.

Phil

Ellie Wang seems to color up much easier, produces a deeper red color on the body, and the shape of the lid is more symmetrical/matching to the shape of the trap overall.  I like how the lid is more circular compared to the oval and waviness of Elaine Wang, although it's totally understandable that others may prefer the look of Elaine Wang.