P.apuana 'in situ' in the alpes maritimes 2n=64

bend3.jpg

'in situ' in the alpi apuane 2n=64

apuana.jpg

where is the difference ?

jeff

Edited by jeff 1

5 hours ago, Zlotka said:

Nice plant, flower looks almost cobalt blue.

What is the difference between P. reichenbachiana and P. longifolia subsp. reichenbachiana?

In fact, it has slightly more violet flowers. It is a common problem on camera sensors.

Pinguicula reichenbachiana was first described as a distinct species, but Casper later placed it as subspecies of P. longifolia. It is now once again considered as a distinct species.

Pinguicula apuana certainly originates from hybridization between P. vulgaris and P. mariae, this last one closely related to P. reichenbachiana. This is why this hybrid has some affinities with P. apuana.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kisscool_38 said:

In fact, it has slightly more violet flowers. It is a common problem on camera sensors.

Pinguicula reichenbachiana was first described as a distinct species, but Casper later placed it as subspecies of P. longifolia. It is now once again considered as a distinct species.

Pinguicula apuana certainly originates from hybridization between P. vulgaris and P. mariae, this last one closely related to P. reichenbachiana. This is why this hybrid has some affinities with P. apuana.

Thanks. It's clear now.

I have a P. longifolia from Zucarello, Italy. I thought this was a subsp. reichenbachiana but I'm not really sure now.

Bonjour

Do you have evidence of your claims ?

I do not see that on the last consensus tree,published, for apuana.

jeff

Edited by jeff 1

the caryotype  and the morphologicals caracters

For me botany is a whole, all the sciences must be joined: systematic, phylogenetic, caryology, palynology, study of the seeds, etc., none must have the predominance over the others

why an hybrid in a consensus tree ?

Edited by jeff 1