Hello everyone,

I've had what I believe to be mites for a little while now on some of my dionaea I used a bayer spray that I was recommended that seems to work well, but they eventually come back,

I would like to completely eradicate them, so please advise me on the best option, and if possible link me to the required items to do so (I'm in the UK)

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks 

Plant oil based products kill mites effectively, but they are contact miticides so it might be difficult to eradicate mites unless you spray repeatedly.

It would be a good idea to identify your mites before you treat them, a lot of mites are harmless, and cause no damage. Perhaps post a picture?

Had Red Spider Mite on VFT's for a few years and they did serious damage !!, repeated weekly sprays with Neem oil kept them at bay, but didn't ever get rid completely.

Only way I found to totally wipe them out was to unpot the plant(s), wash off all the soil (and cut back large leaves) and place the whole plant under water for 10-14 days. Then repot into fresh soil and a clean pot. 

Mites gone.

Had your problem and now I solved it. Buy this "Bayer garden- Borneo"  it only kills the young and the eggs. For adult ones, spray with distilled water. You do this every 3 days for 2 weeks and your problem will be gone. Can't tell you how happy I was to finally find a solution for this problem and get rid of spider mites.