Does the CPS still exist?

I thought I had joined the CPSociety online by Paypal nearly 3 weeks ago ( Paypal acknowledged my payment). But I have heard nothing back from the CPS themselves despite 2 contact emails and one to the Treasurer. Can anyone therefore confirm that the CPS exists as such!!!

PS there is nothing in my Junk/Spam Folders

Thanks for raising this.  I paid through Paypal, albeit only a couple of days ago.  But I've had nothing either, no acknowledgement of payment even.

Usually there's an automated email response to any payment to anywhere these days.  I was beginning to wonder of the payment had got lost in the ether somehow!!

Guy

I assume from your post that you have received notice of your payment from PayPal but nothing from CPS?

I sent an email to the treasurer plus 2 emails through the contact page; http://www.thecps.org.uk/contact.php but all to no avail.

Overall it does not give a very good impression of the organisation of the Society to new members and makes me very wary of purchasing products from the main site. Thankfully this Forum seems more on the ball.

Alan

Edited by alantaylor

• 3 weeks later...

I eventually received my package about 17 days ago which was a month after I first applied. Was Ezza's an online application?

If there are still ongoing problems with the online service maybe there should be a note on the CPS website stating that until further notice all applications must be by post!!

Regardless of any problems I would have thought that a simple acknowledgement of the members initial application would have been sent if the pack cannot be shipped immediately.

Further, although manned by volunteers I would have expected a better service from the CPS on this continuing problem.

Richard seems very efficient, maybe he could take over the job of new Membership Secretary of the CPS!:tongue:

Must admit this has been my only gripe with the CPS. It's a great organisation, and I appreciate it's run by volunteers, but there needs to be someone to respond to membership requests quicker.

I had similar issues when I first joined over 20 years ago. Paid my membership and got no response back for some time. When I questioned the membership secretary at the time I got the old it's run by volunteers and have to fit it in with their everyday lives. Whilst I appreciate this, I had also parted with my hard earned cash and wanted to know my membership had been actioned. In this day and age, there is no excuse for there not to be an email sent to new members advising when the next newsletter is due.

Hi

in addition to problems with the database (which has now be fixed) the membership secretary had to resign because of health problems.  We have found a replacement but these  two incidents have inevitably resulted in delays which could not have been avoided.

We usually send out new members packs within a few days and consequently we don't routinely send out payment acknowledgements.

A look at the events page on our website will demonstrate the how active the society is.  I hope you will play an active part.

cheers

Dennis

58 minutes ago, dennisB said:

Hi

in addition to problems with the database (which has now be fixed) the membership secretary had to resign because of health problems.  We have found a replacement but these  two incidents have inevitably resulted in delays which could not have been avoided.

We usually send out new members packs within a few days and consequently we don't routinely send out payment acknowledgements.

A look at the events page on our website will demonstrate the how active the society is.  I hope you will play an active part.

cheers

Dennis

Thank you for clarifying Dennis.