Mark Anderson

Carniflora ping id

Hi, I recently bought a no id ping from a friend of mine, the only info he had was that it was purchased from carniflora this year. I wonder if anyone would be able to id this plant for me?

576191b7b7c77ba330a29c2ebbc80ea9.jpg

821d9c60a7e6ed1dde30610a1475fb46.jpg

9e0118b0c4b991da7a81d2f2051c697b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos, having to use a old Samsung s3!

Cheers

Mark

Carniflora is the nursery that only produces pinguicula tina and pinguicula weser. Maybe he told you the wrong shop.

Cheers for the reply Goreneko, I'll message my friend just to make sure my memory is correct. I'm pretty sure carniflora sell other pings or used to? I've found on Google a grow list that has p agnata (carniflora) among other results for other carniflora pings.

Mark

Not true, Carniflora has something like 6 or 8 pings depending on the time of year. I have seen this one there, not enough of a ping guy (All Hail The Dew!) to tell you what it is though

• Like 1

You are welcome! Sorry for the late reply, I actually don't know its parents, they aren't reported on the Araflora website and it isn't an officially registered cultivar... I think it's related to agnata and maybe to moranensis, but that's just a personal guess, and both species are quite variable.

• Like 1