Pinguicula megaspilae is located in Greece...not in Turkey....

KEPBEPOS

Hi everyone I  would like to share with you the fault that many carnivorous plants e-shops do  with  Pinguicula megaspilae ( Pinguicula crystallina subsp. hirtiflora )  , megaspilae is a location in Greece   and specific  in Mount Megaspileon (Peloponnese)  so why almost all call it "  Pinguicula megaspilae {Anatolie, Turquie}" ??? What common do they have  a spesific Greek location with  "Anatolie, Turquie" which is an unspesific area in Turkey?I hoppe someone  let me know how this locations and names  from two countries mix up...

More information :http://www.pinguicula.org/pages/plantes/pinguicula_crystallina_hirtiflora.htm

Best regards,

Pantelis

Edited by KEPBEPOS

Kamil Pasek  send this pdf : http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/articles/CPNv44n2p48_61.pdf as far as I read it I say that the P.megaspilaea has a unique characteristics  from all the others.....Also the  P. habilii   "does not correspond to the term “heterophyllous” as applied by Casper (1966) for his classification of Pinguicula growth types " but the P.megaspilaea is “heterophyllous” or not?

Edited by KEPBEPOS

The same can be applied to P. megaspilaea.

As defined in the Pinguicula books (see Roccia et al., 2016, and Lampard et al., 2016), the term "heterophyllous" corresponds to species producing carnivorous and non-carnivorous leaves throughout the year (for example, P. balcanica in Greece). Thus it does not apply to P. megaspilaea and P. habilii, they are "homophyllous".

Moreover, plants producing two types of carnivorous leaves are called "anisophyllous". This is true for homophyllous species (P. megaspilaea and its synonym P. habilii) but also to heterophyllous species (for example, P. longifolia and P. vallisneriifolia).

• Like 1