Printed labels

4 minutes ago, mobile said:

I use a Brother P-Touch handheld label printer. I print out the label and stick it on a plastic plant tag.

I do exactly the same. Very useful to print a lot of information on a tag that would be too small to hand write!

Not had any peel off yet, and I've got plenty where the bottom edge is well and truly under the soil surface, in the wet!

I do have a couple of coloured tapes and have noticed that the red tape has faded under full sun after a few years to a pale peach colour, however the actual printed black text is still sharp and perfectly readable. 

45 minutes ago, mobile said:

I use a Brother P-Touch handheld label printer. I print out the label and stick it on a plastic plant tag.

me too

jim

46 minutes ago, mobile said:

me too

jim

On 28/10/2016 at 7:46 PM, Alexis said:

I've found things easier with the type that plugs into your computer: http://www.brother.co.uk/labelling/ptouch-labellers/ptp700

Yes mine is a plug in type (sorry, thought all the p Touch range was plug in only).

Really easy to save lots of files on your computer for rapid recall if/when you need more.

The resolution is pretty good so you can use small fonts if you need to fit a complex Sarracenia cross on a label!

I've been using it only a year, but it seems to stay attached well and I'm pretty satisfied with PTD-600.  I found the bundled label making software is pretty clumsy (or at least the interface isn't quite consistent with typical Mac software), but it does the job.

One thing I'm wondering is that is there a way to minimize the waste?  Each time just before it starts to print, it cut off 1cm, which is wasted.  I'd like to suppress this behavior, but I haven't found a way.  Does anyone know if it is possible?

or Amazon

jim

22 hours ago, Alexis said:

Afraid not. But if you buy a cheap compatible cassette off eBay it's not such a big deal.

• 2 months later...
I've been using it only a year, but it seems to stay attached well and I'm pretty satisfied with PTD-600.  I found the bundled label making software is pretty clumsy (or at least the interface isn't quite consistent with typical Mac software), but it does the job.

One thing I'm wondering is that is there a way to minimize the waste?  Each time just before it starts to print, it cut off 1cm, which is wasted.  I'd like to suppress this behavior, but I haven't found a way.  Does anyone know if it is possible?

You can use the 'chain' print option, that may decrease the distance between labels. I also have a brother P-touch, not sure about the model, but I can print from the computer.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked, I have version 5.1.0.12 for windows 10 (64bit). When I give a print order, I get a dialog window with some options with a checkbox. In my version it is the second ('kettingafdruk' in dutch). In the English version it should be something like chain print or something similar.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk