Yunzi

heldros.pl

Has anyone purchased from heldros.pl at all?  Their selection looks great and there are a few things I want before it gets too cold!

Did you go ahead and make the purchase?  Was also interested in some plants from them and wondered if you had any feedback?

Thanks

I had one bad experience with them. Last year I bought some Drosera ascendens seeds. I sowed them in a terrarium and after some time what did I see? A bunch of Drosera capensis. So I wrote to them. They responded, that the capensis must've gotten there accidentally from somewhere else and that they surely send me the correct seeds, but they just didn't germinate...Yeah right. What are the odds, of rouge capensis seeds getting into the terrarium, from a plant that's standing a few meters away and didn't flower for some time? Not to mention, that it germinated in the EXACT same spot, that I've sown the supposed D. ascendens. Not to mention, that it couldn't be ascendens, as this plant is not yet in widespread cultivation, as i learned after some time. I'm 100% sure, that it's Drosera latifolia and I wrote to them about that, asking them to correct the name. I gave them a link to the article supporting that and ask to show me photos of the flower stalk. I only got an arrogant response saying "I'm selling what I say i do". They didn't even acknowledge a logical reasoning.

Edited by Dieball
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've bought a p. gigantea white flower from them, and it is a beautiful plant, very strong and healty... only I must to wait the flower to be sure it is white flower, but I'm quite sure of this, because it is different from my purple flower one... so I've had a good experience with Heldros

In my opinion Heldros is a very solid shop and probably the best in my country in terms of reliability. I've bought many plants from them in a timeframe of couple years. With every single purchase plants were dispatched immediately, all of the very exact size as stated on the website and in perfect health. I'll repeat myself here - perfect health. I was especially amazed by beautiful Darlingtonias I got. The owner of Heldros - Marek - is an honest person with great knowledge of his plants.

Heldros - highly recommended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like right now they're sold out on everything that isn't Dionaea, Sarracenia or Pinguicula. Even the Drosera capensis is sold out! I might order a Pinguicula gigantea white flower as well, but I think I'll wait until they get more in stock again. The prices and pictures look great, at least.