World record fastest killing of a heli

manders

The cause of the plants death is probably Colletotrichum,a fungus that does harm to weak and due to suboptimal conditions stressed plants. If your plant i.e.has been grown under too high temps this could have killed the heli. A very significant sign for the fungus are the dried pitchers that all wilt within only one day or night in one time.

Edited by lilacina

oh that just is so painful to my eyes.. im sorry for you manders! but at least you made it to the guinness book of world records of fastest heli killer. (thats meant as a small comfort... :) )
I read in an article that prolonged Root temperatures over 26 C can cause sudden death in helis because the fungus can grow above that temp. Maybe this confirmed that. 
would it be possible to repot the roots and see if it can grow back ? 

15 minutes ago, Tropicat said:

oh that just is so painful to my eyes.. im sorry for you manders! but at least you made it to the guinness book of world records of fastest heli killer. (thats meant as a small comfort... :) )
I read in an article that prolonged Root temperatures over 26 C can cause sudden death in helis because the fungus can grow above that temp. Maybe this confirmed that. 
would it be possible to repot the roots and see if it can grow back ? 

I put this one out in the greenhouse so night temperatures would have been relatively cool, ~15C at the time.  But day temperatures would have been quite high.  I think it must have been the high day temps that did it.  Years ago i grew several flowering size helis in the (hot) conservatory for a few years then lost them all one by one in the same way (after buying some new ones).  

So what really surprises me is the greenhouse was too hot for i, unless my first helis were not attacked by fungus until after i bought some new plants...

Hard to be sure.