Terrarium project

I've just got a large vivarium to turn into a Nepenthes Terrarium.  It's come with a large heat mat, heat lamp and electric light fittings.  Both the heat mat and heat light are fitted with their own individual thermostat.  I decided to go with the vivarium as I have no idea with setting up electrics and wanted to be sure that they were set up safely.

Basically, this is it as it had just been carried in, before even straightening all the wires up properly and putting the sliding doors back on.  I've plenty of plans for it to get it ready for its inhabitants to start moving in very soon.  I'll post pictures as the project progresses

image.jpeg

• Like 2

The hanging pots do give that impression, but she is most confused by it.  She's constantly checking it out both inside and out, although I think her new perch will be on the top, above the heating once I've got it all set up.

Ok, If you like, Id be very happy to see the progress as well. Maybe even mistakes so we can learn from them? But ofc I hope for you that you get it right the first time;) Such an interesting project! Im sure some ppl here have made similar things and could advice you and others maybe? 

On 19 September 2016 at 1:34 PM, Picavorus said:

On just starting to look at the sizing with a few plants, to get an idea before starting to set it up.  It quickly gained a new resident

image.jpeg

You know  why the cats looking at it it wants to keep warm