Hi everyone

I've had to rescue a Nepenthes suki yesterday from the reduced section at a local garden centre and it was in a right sorry state when I picked it up. I've given it a good soak in rain water to get moisture back into the soil and its now on the bathroom window cill.

Its perked up a bit with some of the leaves looking more turgid after the soaking, but am not particularly happy about the growth points being limp and not sure on what else to do.

Would like to ask if there is a chance it could bounce back and if there are any tips to improve it's condition or is it a lost cause?

I've attached links below to photos of the poor thing on facebook and they were taken before the plant was moved into the bathroom.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14034689_1829021777328051_4484511900329228025_n.jpg?oh=97f0ddbb71f9613de3a5cf8349d610ec&oe=584A9093

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14102526_1829021847328044_1183543657458306994_n.jpg?oh=e245b379d1cb8bf23388c3a52e610c26&oe=581391FB

Suggestions and tips will be appreciated.

MIke

• Like 1

It should bounce back, bagging would help, or put it in a bathroom or kitchen, somewhere humid spraying for a few days might help. I've had quite a few neps wilt over the years and usually they just perk up quite quick after a good watering. Some with very thin leaves (mirabilis) cant tolerate wilting but most others will survive and be ok.

• Like 2

Nice one, cheers for the suggestions and will leave it uncovered on the bathroom window cill. Its a small south facing window that gets a fair amount of light in the mornings and have put the window ajar to trap in some of the steam from the shower.

Gave the bag method some thought, but thinking with it being from a plant centre where there could be umpteen fungal spores floating around and my nep being under some stress. The bag may trap in those spores in a closed environment and at the moment the plant could possibly be more susceptible to disease.

thanks again

Mike