What in your opinion are the most vigorous/biggest of the red VFT's in this list?, I have the option of - maroon monster, akai riu - BCP multiple options, all red, claytons and oxford.

I'm not sure what substantial differences there are between them but I'd love a red that grows a bigger and definitely faster than my bohemian garnet! 

Hi Kieran,

The problem with the some of the red's is that there are many clones circulating under the same name. I have had Akai Ryu from several different sources and the difference in how they grow are vast. The same applies with Royal Red; I have never had one that retains the green band around the trap edge. With a form like Bohemian Garnet, Red Fused Petiole, Red Piranha, however, you know the plant you are getting due to its unique characteristics.

From my experience, a good clone of Akia Ryu can be a massive grower and Red Piranha can put on excellent size. Bohemian Garnet and Red Fused Petiole are small growing plants for me, but beautiful.  

Hi Kieran,

The problem with the some of the red's is that there are many clones circulating under the same name. I have had Akai Ryu from several different sources and the difference in how they grow are vast. The same applies with Royal Red; I have never had one that retains the green band around the trap edge. With a form like Bohemian Garnet, Red Fused Petiole, Red Piranha, however, you know the plant you are getting due to its unique characteristics.

From my experience, a good clone of Akia Ryu can be a massive grower and Red Piranha can put on excellent size. Bohemian Garnet and Red Fused Petiole are small growing plants for me, but beautiful.  

Ye I've heard about this, and as you said with the bohemian garnet it is very distinctive.. with how it keeps dividing -.- and is obviously very small with the sawtooth teeth, such a nice plant to look at, I would be getting the royal red (if I dont change my mind for another red), from a very reputable grower so I think I would get the correct plant!

Ok, I think I'll go for that then, I was in awe of your reds I saw in this thread the other day http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55452 I don't know how your bohemian garnet got so big!, I don't suppose you have a picture of your royal red? or can point it out if its in that picture? :D

It's too right, second one down in this pic: https://s31.postimg.org/vqw4mc1e3/image.jpg

There are about 5 Garnets in one pot at the front so they look a bit bigger than one individual

Ok, I think I'll go for that then, I was in awe of your reds I saw in this thread the other day http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55452 I don't know how your bohemian garnet got so big!, I don't suppose you have a picture of your royal red? or can point it out if its in that picture? :D

It's top right, second one down in this pic: https://s31.postimg.org/vqw4mc1e3/image.jpg

There are about 5 Garnets in one pot at the front so they look a bit bigger than one individual

For me Weinrot is a big grower currently I have one plant which is 18cm across but only with 3cm traps

Euro flora giant red from Sheila Little grows large also currently 12cm across but small traps again

I have Maroon monster which is not a monster yet it is rather slow to get going for me, hopefully it will prove to be a giant at some point