Hello Everyone

cpbobby

I am from the states(more specifically Central Virginia,) and while I dabble with a few temperate CP's I tend to heavily favor Sarracenia.  When I get some more time I will put some more work into my profile. I am looking forward to exploring this forum and getting to see what sarracenia varieties you all favor most and maybe encounter some new cv's to add to my wish list :). 

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Little more background:

I have been growing sarracenia a little over 4 years so I have learned some good cultivation techniques along the way but I will happily accept any pro tips and still manage to produce questions on a semi-regular basis. I used to successfully grow non-temperate plants but decided to massively down scale due to steadily increasing infrastructure demands; it became more about maintenance and less about appreciation. 

I first became interested a long time ago but it was a quick, childhood phase. By chance I was re-introduced by some generous forum members who gave me some free plants. I still have a few of them actually; the original gift plants. It started off as a form of cognitive therapy and for a couple years I would accumulate a certain species then lose interest and trade for another species. Sarracenia started off as a slight interest and eventually grew(yes the pun) into the mainstay of my collection but unlike the other species, my interest has not wavered in them. 

That's all for now but I hope to share again soon! :)

Edited by cpbobby
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forums bobby :-) there are some top forum members on here, glad to have you with us :-) Im not familiar with the Sarracenia your exp will be most welcomed on here :-D

Paul

Manchester

I'd say I have been most successful with sarracenia, lowland nepenthes and did very will with austrailian sundews(non-tuberous). I have also done well with temperate, tropical and sub-tropical sundews.  Areas I need improvement with are mexican pings and for some reason my vft mortality rate is about 40%.  

I have never grown any highland plants and a handful of intermediate nepenthes which I just acclimated to either house plants or lowland. 

Edited by cpbobby