Sign in to follow this  
James

To spray or not to spray

Hi all, you hear so many scare stories about Cephs do this don't do that etc etc.

My Cephs although growing great and are very healthy they are looking... well dull, like they need a clean or dusting lol

What would you suggest?

I have sprinkled water over them like rain to give them a wash/rinse but hasn't really done the trick.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

Could it be because its mostly last year's growth? My cephs are only just growing their fresh new pitchers for this year and the pitchers from last year are as you say dull and older looking, though perfectly healthy.

I agree with James, mine have more shine on new leaves.  I've never sprayed any of my cephs as I worry about anything that could provoke a botrytis attack, could be totally groundless but better safe than sorry.

I would not spray them James. I find the spiders delight in spinning silk over them which looks messy. The most that I do to get them back to looking good is to use a soft brush to remove the webs.

Cheers,

Steve

Ok thanks all

I will just give them a little of a dusting haha

James