Your tallest Sarra ?

Blocky71

Up until I looked today my brooks hybrid was winning.....

image_zpsmunaur27.jpeg

image_zpsjqqhzibx.jpeg

It's been neck and neck with my Maxima at just over 80cm

image_zpsc5prgydg.jpeg

image_zpsjqjjicyv.jpeg

Today I was surprised to see my Flava ' lightly veined giant ' has now taken up the challenge and is currently coming in at 89 cm....

image_zpscgdxgwka.jpeg

image_zpslcdqu4jr.jpeg

It got me to looking into tall sarras and I found a post about Stephen Morely's flava X Alata at 118cm back in 2010, I wonder if it's got any taller !.

I'd love to see your tallest specimens so far this season if you get time.

Cheers blocky

Edited by Blocky71
  • Like 1

I wouldn't do that Ada, with my luck the fox will find its way back in and chomp it in half !.

I am chuffed though as this was one of my first purchases , from your mate in Ashford none the less....

It's been very ' ungiant ' like for the last 4 years and I was going to get rid, I guess it can stay now.....

Sorry wasn't able to upload the images. Can anyone tell me how to do this without having a photobucket account ?

Edited by 3Star

Cheers Ada, it won't stay like that for long !....

I went through every plant I have and ticked it off a list so I could figure what the mixed up Sarras were from the fox damage !.

It took fooking ages........

That's less than an inch Linux, I'd better get the maxsea out !.

I think there's a way you can add a photo by adding it to your gallery and then posting it here but I always use photo bucket, what was its height 3 star? .

Same height as my brooks SK..... I'm happy with anything up towards 3 foot.

Cheers blocky

Hi Blocky it is a Brook's Hybrid at 91.5cm. I also have another Moorei, that has been my tallest plant for the last three or four years, that is only slightly smaller.

I will try to figure out how to post the photos. I tried copy and pasting them which did put them in my reply but it then took ages trying to upload them and then failed.

Perhaps the image size is too big ?

Dave

It'd be great to see them 3 star.

I'll inbox you my email, you can send pics to me and I'll post them up on your behalf if you want?.

I'm not sure why your having issues, i agree though, the ability to be able to upload directly on here would be grand.

Cheers blocky

Here's Dave's ( 3star's) plant posted on his behalf by me due to uploading issues his end.

Here's his 91.5cm brooks.........

image_zpsqqjnyrzq.jpeg

image_zpse3ixdmw4.jpeg

And the slightly smaller Moorei next to it

image_zpsmmp41lj8.jpeg

Nice one Dave, thanks for sharing, looks like you've taken the lead.

I think the lid is just opening on mine now so I'll have another measure when it's properly open but I think that'll actually make mine shorter as the growing tip has curved now....

Cheers blocky

Thanks for posting those Blocky. Yes it is a small pitcher from last year although there were taller pitchers than that one so not indicative of the increase in size. The Brook's has definitely put some size on this season though because as I said previously the other moorei in the photo has been my tallest plant by some way for the last three or four years.

Dave

Edited by 3Star

• 2 weeks later...

wow, I like that rugelli! 

as of now my tallest is one of my largest plants. a Leah Wilkerson. 

I have an early pic then a later one. about the only plant that can dwarf my alucard and exanta but the alucard steadily gets bigger every year as with the exanta. Also have a reptilian rose at 28 inches however the Leah has a huge size advantage as it's rhyzome is massive!

102_1350_zpsw6ylqn5i.jpg

102_1434_zpsotyi0lan.jpg

Edited by cpbobby

• 2 months later...

I didn't get a pic with a ruler earlier this year but the champion is my recently acquired S. 'Carmelita' at 39 inches. Although since it was recently divided may take a couple more seasons to get that tall again. 

102_1488_zpsislbuwbh.jpg

Edited by cpbobby
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...