VFT Seedlings

DBee

Bought some fly trap seeds from EBay, just to have a play. Germination went well, now they're in pots in my unheated greenhouse, all look healthy, but ... no teeny traps have appeared. In the centre of the cotyledons there is a bump with long "hairs" protruding from it. I know they grow oh so slowly, but, is this normal development? They were planted on 15/4/16 and germinated within 8 days. Am I being impatient?

Sounds to me from your description that you have cactus seeds germinating. I grew these once and the description fits what I observed. Can you describe what the seeds looked like and better still upload a pic of the seedlings

Yes, I've grown cactus before and that's what they look like to me. I'll try to get a photo, but I only have the camera on my phone. I do realise they take a really long time to mature, but it was just a bit of fun, I like propagating things, but it's a bit of a disappointment if they aren't the correct seeds.

If it's a cactus, then the cotyledons themselves should be swollen and succulent.

I have heard of Dragon fruit seeds being passed off for VFT seeds before (Dragon Fruit done from the epiphytic cactus, Hylocereus).